Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were to put 17s on my Lude, what ride height would be good? Also, I know that the speedometer gets thrown off when you put bigger rims on, is there a way to fix this?

~Peace :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
The speedo doesnt get thrown off if you keep the total diameter the same (ex. 15" rims with 60 series tires = 17" rims with 40 series tires)
I have 17's and with a good offset I wouldnt go any lower than 2"

·
Registered
567 Posts
You can do the calculations if you want to play around with it.

If you stay within 2% of the stock tires size, you should be fine.

For example, stock size = 205/55/15.
205 * .55 = 112.75 mm (height of 1 side wall)
112.75 / 25.4 = 4.4389" (to convert it)
Multiply that by 2 = 8.8779 (2 sides)
Add 15" (the size of the wheel) = 23.8779" - total height of the wheel and tire.

a 205/40/17 = 23.4566" - a good setup

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks people! Also, what is the widest rim I can put on the lude w/o it sticking out of my wheel wells.

~Peace :)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Biggest rim and tire combo that I would put on a 4th G with a mild drop is 215/40/17's on a 17X7.5" rim. You will NOT run into any clearence issues with that and your speedo will not have to be recalibrated.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Ludeboy said:
Biggest rim and tire combo that I would put on a 4th G with a mild drop is 215/40/17's on a 17X7.5" rim. You will NOT run into any clearence issues with that and your speedo will not have to be recalibrated.

this is exactly what i have.....and i have a 3+ inch drop..dunno exactly how much...just on the lowest setting...no problem with tires, just the kit being scraped when i get out of my driveway

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
one of my friend just got sum 17in SSR competition for her 5th gen and theyre one of the best looking rims for prelude ive ever seen , really nice :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
One more....

I totally dig the look of this exhaust......Remus twin tip.....but I'm gonna put off any exhaust costs till I go turbo.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Re: One more....

racerpunkX said:
I totally dig the look of this exhaust......Remus twin tip.....but I'm gonna put off any exhaust costs till I go turbo.

that car looks like a _______________(enter ethinic appropriate ethnic group there) car....the tires are too wide...and probably weighs a ton..

·
Registered
401 Posts
I agree those rims prolly weigh a TON! I personally do not like that fat look all that much. I would prefer to keep it in the wheel well, but that is just my .02

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
some cars look ok with the wheels sticking out of the wheelwells...but not preludes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts