Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will 18inch rims fit on my car? and if so what tires would fit and make it so the speedo isnt off?

·
Registered
221 Posts
skip the bling bling and go for some lightweight 15's or 16's. check out www.tirerack.com for more info.

mike

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not really into the racing i likle the bling bling so would u be able to tell me what tires would fit so i dont have to calibrate teh speedo and if the 18s would fit my car?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Try to look it up on discounttiredirect.com You just put in your year and model etc, then it will have a place to click on 18. It will tell you the size of tire to get. See ya.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
no offense(i know it gona be hard not to get offended at this) but
I have a feeling your cars gonna look wack.

Usually sick looking cars look sick because the tuner had
racing in mind, lots of cool styles are cool because they emmulate
racecars, most of those "bling bling" giant chrome rims, just look
laaaame, I suppose alot of this is personal prefrence,
but what I'm trying to say, at least go for 17's, you'll find many
more nice looking styles, and plz steer clear of "ufo" looking chrome 18's.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i dotn want chromies i was just thinking 18s would look cool but they are also more expensive so i was thinking the 17s cause they look good and i wont take a huge hit on the wallet

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so u suggest the 17s? i would like the 18s but i think i would have to adjust teh speedo with 18s i want someoen to photoshop my car so i can see how the two would look

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 1997 Civic EX sedan and I got 18 inch wheels (Katana K-6's) with 215/35ZR18 tires (Falken ZE-502's), cuz those are the only tires that will clear the wheel well. I sold them cuz they were too heavy though.. I weighed them and they weighed 44 lbs each with tire.... that is a lot. Plus only 3 or 4 companies make a 215/35 tire and they are $180 each, so too expensive... But they do fit with no problem.:)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
215/35/18 : Speedometer reading with non-stock tire is 3.1% too slow. When your speedo reads 60 mph you are actually traveling 61.8 mph.

205/40/17: 1.1% to slow. When your speedo reads 60mph you are actually going 60.6 mph

215/30/18: lowest i could get was 30, but the results were it being .6 too fast when your speedo read 60 mph you are actually traveling 59.7mph

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
pushVTEC said:
215/35/18 : Speedometer reading with non-stock tire is 3.1% too slow. When your speedo reads 60 mph you are actually traveling 61.8 mph.

205/40/17: 1.1% to slow. When your speedo reads 60mph you are actually going 60.6 mph

215/30/18: lowest i could get was 30, but the results were it being .6 too fast when your speedo read 60 mph you are actually traveling 59.7mph

Not bad #'s at all!!!

I wouldn't even bother with a 30 series tire :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts