Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey you guys, I was just wondering, now that I have higher CR and toda spec B's, is 190 whp possible? About the only thing I don't have is a ported and polished head. Here is my set up:
b18c1 w/
cai
62mm tb
sk2 im
jdm 4-1
carsound cat
greddy evo
toda spec b
skunk cam gears
fpr
sfc vtec
spoon jdm itr pistons
no powersteering

· Registered
127 Posts
uhhh... just wondering.. how do you not know how much WHP you have right now? if you have installed all these parts and have not gotten this car Dyno tuned with a Wideband O2 sensor then you have wasted your money. I currently have what is in my Sig and dynoed my car at 163 WHP. no cams or Skunk2 intake and stock exhaust. All these components have been ordered and when installed i believe i will easily hit 180+.I will install and tune on a dyno on the same day. Motors blow up because of shitty air fuel ratios and the 125$ it will cost me to tune is a cheap insurance policy for an expensive build up project.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SlapSmak said:
uhhh... just wondering.. how do you not know how much WHP you have right now? if you have installed all these parts and have not gotten this car Dyno tuned with a Wideband O2 sensor then you have wasted your money. I currently have what is in my Sig and dynoed my car at 163 WHP. no cams or Skunk2 intake and stock exhaust. All these components have been ordered and when installed i believe i will easily hit 180+.I will install and tune on a dyno on the same day. Motors blow up because of shitty air fuel ratios and the 125$ it will cost me to tune is a cheap insurance policy for an expensive build up project.

I just had the pistons installed, will dyno tune as soon as I have the $$$.... probably in a couple of weeks

· Registered
327 Posts
well adding parts does not make hp. it just frees some of it up. the ONLY way to make more hp is to burn more fuel and air in a given amount of time. THATS IT! you can put all the exhaust and intake parts you want on it, unless the head and the valves can flow that amount of air, you have wasted your money and time. rather than wating tons of money on parts trying to get 20 hp out of it, it will be alot easier just to put on a turbo or sc at least this way you will know that you are going to get hp.

· Registered
1,467 Posts
sleepinggeeser said:
hey you guys, I was just wondering, now that I have higher CR and toda spec B's, is 190 whp possible? About the only thing I don't have is a ported and polished head. Here is my set up:
b18c1 w/
cai
62mm tb
sk2 im
jdm 4-1
carsound cat
greddy evo
toda spec b
skunk cam gears
fpr
sfc vtec
spoon jdm itr pistons
no powersteering
hell yeahh man!:eek:

· Registered
9 Posts
well.....

i'd agree with some people in here...there are people out there with ls/vtecs pushing 190 whp easily. on crv blocks, they'll push around 205-210 whp. it's all in the tuning, air, and fuel delivery. just remember if you use a high compression, i would highly recommenda $400 investment in a J&S knock sensor. they really help and they can even make power! plus you won't detonate and your motor will be happy.

n1cK

· Registered
405 Posts
its possible. first swap the gears for Toda gears. lots of people have prob with useing toda shafts and different gears. underdrive pulleys will help. hondata ecu would be better but as the setup is now check the air to fuel ratios and dyno it. then you should be getting close to 170-180whp.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just got it dynoed last week. The guy at the shop was pressed for time and my valve cover wasn't cut, so he could'nt tune my cam gears. The only untuning I got was my fp,timing, and my fields. I dynoed at 180 whp. I am going to another tuner soon to get everything properly tuned. I am thinking about 185 whp. I say untuning because I don't think the dude did a very good job. He did not even know how the use my fuel controller.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.