Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well well well, the torqueless wonder still amazes me. preping it for American Touge 3. i think Drift King would approve this B16A!!

NGINE: bone stock B16A JDM 10.4 CR (~35k miles)
VALVETRAIN: AKMEE Engineering prototype cams, springs, retainers
INTAKE MANIFOLD: Integra Type-R, JG 68-64 mm TB
EXHAUST MANIFOLD: DTR/SSR 4-2-1 tri step header
EXHAUST: Z.SPEED 60 mm N1 prototype
ECU: DNR tuned Crome JDM P30
IGNITION: MSD 6A with Blaster 3 coil
GEARBOX: 1999 Canadian ITR with stock LSD
CLUTCH: ClutchMasters full face kevlar
FLYWHEEL: ClutchMaster 8 lbs aluminium

SUSPENSION: OmniPower 10k/12k
CAMBER KITS: OmniPower front & rear
REAR LCA: OmniPower forged aluminum
CHASSIS BRACES: Z.SPEED

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
could probably get more power with bigger cams, better IM, and better header. but 200whp is nice NA.

should add some nitrous and make a cool 250.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
ksniperfox said:
could probably get more power with bigger cams, better IM, and better header. but 200whp is nice NA.

i wont comment on the cams since i dont know their specs. the intake manifold and tb are fine for the setup. the header is one of the best available.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the next natural evolution for this engine would be more CR and headwork... however for time attack 2007 i'm going to turbo charge it.

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
ksniperfox said:

IM and header are fine. Bigger cams and your gonna probably wreck the nice powerband. Track racing isnt about peak hp numbers its about area under the line. Nitro would be a waste.

·
Registered
233 Posts
shaolin_style said:
IM and header are fine. Bigger cams and your gonna probably wreck the nice powerband. Track racing isnt about peak hp numbers its about area under the line. Nitro would be a waste.

Exactly thats y I chose B20V has enough torque to smoke a b16 without getting to deep into Vcrack :lol2

·
Registered
733 Posts
Sweet!! u also got a D16A? kool i got a CRX a few weeks back with a D16A and now i kinda know what to get it and can ask u tons of question bout it =]- - just quickly u know its specs stock? thnks

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
all those in favor of cams say "aye"

"AYE!!"

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'm going to add 3" exhaust to delly-ohh to see if it'll release a few more whp. i think it should... 60 mm is chocking it down a lil bit. at DNR they've done lot of testing and 3" works great for anything 180+ whp.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
finally re-dyno the car few weeks ago. back to Jun/Maxim 4-2-1 header. much better curve than the 192/122 whp dyno with SSR/DTR 4-2-1 (a little too big, it was designed for 1.8).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts