Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some tires for my accord, just got some brand new motegi traklites. I'll need 4 new ones.

Things I'm considering are of course 1. weight of the tire, 2. price and 3. longevity. Better traction is always nice but not needed, thought it could decide between comparable tires.

Any suggestions?

I was looking at some Toyo TPTs, General tire Altimax HP, Goodyear Assurance, Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum and Sumitomo HTR T4.

· Premium Member
158 Posts
Looking for some tires for my accord, just got some brand new motegi traklites. I'll need 4 new ones.

Things I'm considering are of course 1. weight of the tire, 2. price and 3. longevity. Better traction is always nice but not needed, thought it could decide between comparable tires.

Any suggestions?

I was looking at some Toyo TPTs, General tire Altimax HP, Goodyear Assurance, Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum and Sumitomo HTR T4.
At the end of this month the new Goodyear Fuel Max will be out in a 195/60R15. You may want to consider it.

Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max

If you want a little more sporty tire look into the Falken 912, 195/60R15 Sporty yet still carries a 65K warranty.

Please let us know if we can help you more.
-Travis

· Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At the end of this month the new Goodyear Fuel Max will be out in a 195/60R15. You may want to consider it.

Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max

If you want a little more sporty tire look into the Falken 912, 195/60R15 Sporty yet still carries a 65K warranty.

Please let us know if we can help you more.
-Travis

I had the Falken tires on there before, and The treads wore faster than expected. I went with a General Tires Altimax HP tire weight was 17 lbs vs the Falkens 20. They offer a 55K mile warrantyas well.

If you want to suggest a really cheap economy tire for my old rims I'm all ears. Lighter is better. Width and ratio doesnt matter to me so much as it fits the 15x6 rim. I'll use these wheels in the winter, but it doesnt snow much here. I was thinking something in the 185 width with the same circumfrence as the 195/60r15's just more narrow/built for high mileage.

· Premium Member
158 Posts
I had the Falken tires on there before, and The treads wore faster than expected. I went with a General Tires Altimax HP tire weight was 17 lbs vs the Falkens 20. They offer a 55K mile warrantyas well.

If you want to suggest a really cheap economy tire for my old rims I'm all ears. Lighter is better. Width and ratio doesnt matter to me so much as it fits the 15x6 rim. I'll use these wheels in the winter, but it doesnt snow much here. I was thinking something in the 185 width with the same circumfrence as the 195/60r15's just more narrow/built for high mileage.
A great budget tire to run is the Hankook Optimo H418. This tire is rated for 60K miles and only weighs 17pds in the 185/65-15 size. This size will only be .25" taller and just under a 1/2" narrower. Here's a link with more information.

Hankook optimo H418

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.