Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 89 Accord LX with the 2.0 A20A 2bbl. Its got enough torque left in it to smoke a passenger side tire but Im lookin to swap out this tiring motor. But I am having trouble finding anything about motor swaps for this year. Im lookin for something in the area of 120-140 bhp seeing as how this A20 is rated around 92hp it doesnt seem to have the power to move. I had it rebuilt but it still feels like it struggles like a worn down engine. So Im looking around for some opinions on a good motor swap. I want to make it EFI because this carb with its numerous vaccume lines is just down right annoying. I rebuilt the carb from the ground up and by the end I wanted to turn it into a paper weight. So if you can give me some direction that will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
103 Posts
f22a

i imagine you could swap a f22a from a 90's accord but you would need everything off of the car like wiring harness, ecu, trans, ect but i doubt the motor would just bolt in and since it isnt a very commonly tuned car then i highley doubt anyone makes aftermarket motor mounts for it so no matter what engine you inevitably choose, you will be left with the task of cutting, welding and grinding to make mounts that work. Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ehh I just bought my 89 LXi It's got 260 and it's still fine. Although it needs a bit of time to warm up at startup. :lol2 I think i'm going to wait a bit until I decide to swap. I'd go with a B16 or B18A :D

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
f22's won't fit without some MAJOR modifications.

please search and know what you're talking about before posting information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.