Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down the street today and noticed a Red Honda Civic with a For Sale sign on it...I called the guy and he said he would rock bottom the price at $1500.00 because he took the car in on a trade for a truck and has no need for the car..I met the guy and took the car for a drive and I have acouple questions I would like to ask the Civic guys..
1. The car has been lowered(pretty low) and I have no clue what method was used to lower it..if it has been lowered incorrectly is it hard/expensive to correct it?
2.The clutch felt really weak to me and "grabbed" right at the top(but didnt seem to slip any) is this adjustable? or will it probably need a new clutch soon?
3.The car has 187,152 miles on it..but started easy and I didnt notice any smoke..is this a decent motor?
4.It has been painted and looks pretty good..there is no radio at all..and I noticed a strange sound coming from the drivers front(sounded like a axle or bad bearing) so do you think $1500.00 is a fair price? it has a clean carfax...

Thanks for any info....
TTJ

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I say its a good deal if the body is in good shape. 187,000 is nothing to a Honda motor, really. Have you seen the video on here of the guy trying to blow up a D-series...you can't do it. If the car was lowered "improperly" IE: cutting the springs or something. Then its not too hard to fix unless you want to upgrade i am sure you can find some stock springs at a junkyard and throw them on. And that clicking noise is probably a CV-joint. It just one of those things that wear out. Just be sure to replace it soon, you don't want a loose axle winging around. Which happened to my buddy's Accord. Ball joint broke, axle popped out of the hub, spun around and cracked the oil pan, put a hole in it and left him stranded out in the boonies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts