Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying an 1992 Acura Legend. I was wondering if you guys know much about them and and problems that they have. Is the 3.2 V6 a good strong dependable motor? Any heads up on them would be great.
thanks in advance

Nate

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
i have one. its good, engine-wise, real good. its still running good and got a little umph.

i've had tons of problems with everything else but this may be because we didn't take that good care of it.

a/c and heat is kinda wonky
only the driver window works
car alarm and locks are fucked
my abs is gone
need to replace daytime running lights

don't let these problems deter u tho, i might have these problems because we didn't take real good care of the car. but the engine is great

tons of space and good grip

·
Registered
303 Posts
I don't know about the older ones but I love my 99. It's awesome. If the older ones have the same motor, your in good shape my man

·
Registered
75 Posts
I also happen to own one...very reliable car.
Just take care of cooling system so you don't get a bhg.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at one yesterday and i was very disapointed. It was in very poor shape and I htink it had a BHG. i am going to keep searching and hopefully I will find something soon. thanks for the info.

Nate

·
Registered
75 Posts
nate95gsr said:
I looked at one yesterday and i was very disapointed. It was in very poor shape and I htink it had a BHG. i am going to keep searching and hopefully I will find something soon. thanks for the info.

Nate
If you want....mine will be up for sale shortly...let me know if you're interested. You could also find me at www.acura-legend.com I use the same name there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you ever have questions feel free to ask me, i've owned my Legend for 3 years now so i am very familiar with the car.

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
the windows on my friends Legend is starting to break down.. especially during this time of season since its cold. the windows rolls up slow if it can roll up at all..

·
Registered
75 Posts
x D3MON x said:
the windows on my friends Legend is starting to break down.. especially during this time of season since its cold. the windows rolls up slow if it can roll up at all..
Mine go up fast even when it's real cold, never had an issue. Your friends motor might have started to get bad. :)

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
you guys have to remember that its a 13 year old car.

as long as the engine are running great, it should be fine.
the electrical like windows, alternator, light bulbs..etc are all wear items. it is expected to breakdown with time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Very nice point divinewisdom.
Anyways, you should check out the 1995 Legend GS. I know you said 1992, but if you find a mint condition GS, i recommend buying it. They have the Type 2 motor and some even come with a 6 speed. If not, make sure you go with an LS and not an L, it has more features in it, not that it makes that big of a difference. :)

Also make sure to check for rust under doors and on the wheel wells. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I need a four door car. I was reading up on the acura legend board and I am debating on getting one or not. the one i looked at was very rough and the quarters very in bad shape. I think it had a BHG as well since the upper raditor hose was colasped(sp). So i am still looking and debating.

Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
nate95gsr said:
I need a four door car. I was reading up on the acura legend board and I am debating on getting one or not. the one i looked at was very rough and the quarters very in bad shape. I think it had a BHG as well since the upper raditor hose was colasped(sp). So i am still looking and debating.

Thanks
Don't let that discourage you from purchasing one. There are many out there in real good condition. :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a legend myself its an older one, an 89. It runs well I plan to have to reinstall new electricals and such due to not working compeltely as it should. The engine still runs very well, on mine for being very old. I really appreciate that it takes me from 1 place to another.

·
Registered
1 Posts
h0ndacrazy said:
I don't know about the older ones but I love my 99. It's awesome. If the older ones have the same motor, your in good shape my man

They stopped making the Legends in '95, so I doubt you have a '99. The replacement for the Legend was the RL. The TL was designed to replace the Vigor.

BHG is common, and auto trannies are notoriously bad. If you get one with an auto, change the fluid often.

At.am said:
i have one. its good, engine-wise, real good. its still running good and got a little umph.

i've had tons of problems with everything else but this may be because we didn't take that good care of it.

a/c and heat is kinda wonky
only the driver window works
car alarm and locks are fucked
my abs is gone
need to replace daytime running lights

don't let these problems deter u tho, i might have these problems because we didn't take real good care of the car. but the engine is great

tons of space and good grip
Do all cars have to have Daytime Running Lights in Canada. On the US versions of the Legend, there were no daytime running lights.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts