Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 93 Civic Sedan knowing that the abs light was on. I though it could be because it was low on brake fluid, but it wasn't that. I'm thinking it could be because of a malfuctioning wheel speed sensor. Anyone know how to diagnose the ABS system? Diagnostic tools required? Or is there a service jump cable where you can just jump it and it'll throw you codes simular to how you would with an engine code where you just jump the service cable? Any help will be honored.:)

·
Registered
149 Posts
hmm....

could be wheel sensors, or an actuator, or some other things.

id take it up to a dealership or a mechanic and let em see it. dont want anything going wrong.

if its just the light and nothing bad will happen if u dont "fix it" then i wouldn't worry bout it.

but get it checked anyway :lmao

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
I got the same thing on my Nissan; that blinking light's a
real bitch! :mad The fuckers that fucked it up when they
installed a new steering rack offered to check the code...
for 85 fucking bucks! :fu I'm taking this bitch to the
dealership and get everything done right, even if it costs
a little extra. My tax refund may "handle" it.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
the most common problems for abs light is a wheel speed sensor or the toothed ring itself

something could be wrong with your pump..if the abs system is seperate from the hydraulic unit you will still have brakes

there is not too much involved with abs but you need diagnostic tools

·
Registered
471 Posts
my abs light has been on since october. one of those things i know I should get checked out, but never bother, haha

·
Registered
341 Posts
The ABS light is your airbag system.If you flip down your driverside Visor it will tell you exactly what it is.Your Brake light will come on if you are low on brake fluid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts