Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much do you think I could get for my Prelude? (See sig)

1994 Honda Prelude VTEC
Black Exterior
Black Leather Interior
83,500 miles
Stock (Will be when I sell it)
Minor dents and dings
No Rust (Fixed a few nicks by grinding it out and touching it up)
New OEM Transmission/Clutch (7,000 miles) 3 year warranty
Clear Title

~Peace

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah... I'm thinking about selling her because I'm going to NIU and don't want her to get beat up.

I'd be buying a "05 S2K when I get out of school...

~Peace

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This sucks... seems like it's worth alot more. I don't know what to do... I'd be throwing away a good car. Any advice?

~Peace

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah... that's probably what I should do...

I had an S2000 blow past me at about 8000 RPM while I was driving the Lude... brought back flashbacks from my 2 test drives. Then I started thinking about how nice it would be to have RWD and a convertible... then I saw that I can get a gold check honda certified Red 2001 Honda S2000 (3 year warranty) with 21,000 miles for $21,000...

I love the Prelude and all... but I'm getting the itch to move on to bigger and better things...

~Peace

·
Registered
498 Posts
i had the same problem... finally decided to keep it. the resale value doesn't justify me selling already. now i'm going to drive it to the ground. literally. but don't get me wrong, i still take good care of it. i don't know. there's something about the lude that tells me to keep it. imho, selling the lude, especially yours, is a bad idea.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My fiance has told me that she'll always support my habit (cars), but it's kinda hard to justify having a Prelude AND an S2000 as my summer cars... We're going to be paying off a mortgage and saving for our kid's college funds... haha.

The lude is payed off though... and I could basically pay off the S2K straight out of school... I could even say that a small car loan would help me build credit... haha.

I was thinking about just building the Prelude up slowly... keeping it off the road and restoring it kind of... yank the old motor, shrink wrap it, and build a H22/H23 Frankenstein stroker motor with ITBs. Just imagine a 2.5 liter H-series stroker with ITBs and a D/P Nitrous kit... haha. I would probably get the S2K as my summer daily driver.

I really hate to think of getting rid of the Prelude... I'm calling Honda tomorrow to try and find out what # it is off the assembly line. I'm positive it will be within the first 25 VTEC Preludes produced in 94...

I probably won't sell it... it has ALOT of bad memories associated with it (some of you may remember my "arrest" threads a LONG time ago)... but it IS my first car, which makes it really special. I'm just gonna get my Exhaust, fix my stereo and drive it as is through College... see how I feel when I'm done...

~Peace

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
Yeah... that's probably what I should do...

I had an S2000 blow past me at about 8000 RPM while I was driving the Lude... brought back flashbacks from my 2 test drives. Then I started thinking about how nice it would be to have RWD and a convertible... then I saw that I can get a gold check honda certified Red 2001 Honda S2000 (3 year warranty) with 21,000 miles for $21,000...

I love the Prelude and all... but I'm getting the itch to move on to bigger and better things...

~Peace

as a side note, the s2k would be bad ass

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hobie237 said:
i think you can find the production number from the VIN... in fact i know you can... the last 6? digits are sequntial production numbers
I know the production #... last 6 digits are 000068. Does that mean that it's the 68th Prelude off the line that year or the 68th VTEC prelude off the line that year? I think it would mean 68th Lude off the line that year...

~Peace

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
I know the production #... last 6 digits are 000068. Does that mean that it's the 68th Prelude off the line that year or the 68th VTEC prelude off the line that year? I think it would mean 68th Lude off the line that year...

~Peace

ok, VINs are coded, so there should be somewhere a NADA guide (check online) that decodes the VIN... one #(or letter) gives you make, another model, another trim level... somewhere it may have whether its VTEC or not in the vin (probly does) and therefore i would think it means its the 68th VTEC... but you may want to check on this

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's why I'm checking... I thought that it might be the 68th Lude overall... It would still be cool to have one of the 1st 100 that roll off the assembly line that year... hehe

What does everyone else have?

~Peace

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.