Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.craigslist.org/sby/car/55004821.html

1995 Acura Integra GS-R - $5950 (campbell)

Description:
Dark Green
2 Door Coupe
Taupe Leather Interior
135,000 miles (mostly highway)
Manual Transmission
Original Owner
Never Raced

Engine:
Greddy/Trust Exhaust
DC Header
AEM Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
JG Throttle Body
Bored Intake Manifold
Dinan Stage 3 Computer Chip

Suspension:
H&R Sport Lower Springs (1.5")
Z-Speed Front Strut Bar
Camber Kit
16” Wheels
205/45ZR16 Tires

Stereo:
Eclipse In-Dash CD Player
Separate Eclipse EQ and DSP
150 Watt Audison Amp for Components
175 Watt Audison Amp for Sub
1-Hart 12” Sub
6-Hart Components

Interior:
White Guages
Carbon Fiber Shift Knob
Racing Pedals

Maintenance:
Front Tires @ 134K
New Clutch @ 134K
Oil Change every 3-4K

i live quite a ways from the owner so im hoping i can clarify most of the stuff thru email or the phone. so far it sounds and looks clean. what are some good questions to ask about the car? he hasnt changed the tranny so that means the tranny aint gonna last much longer, right? what offer should i make? how much would you pay at most for it? thanks.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
It sounds like a good deal but i would be weary because he has a hell of a lot of stuff done for him to only be asking for that price

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
DUDE! jump on this NOW! thats a REALLY good price for a even a STOCK gsr. 135k miles is notin on a teg if he's taken care of it. tranny wont go anytime soon if he's taken care of it. i would check it out first though, cus that price almost seems too good. makes me a little suspicious. but if its in good shape, i say go for it. u'll never find a deal like that again.

·
Registered
93 Posts
druuuu said:
DUDE! jump on this NOW! thats a REALLY good price for a even a STOCK gsr. 135k miles is notin on a teg if he's taken care of it. tranny wont go anytime soon if he's taken care of it. i would check it out first though, cus that price almost seems too good. makes me a little suspicious. but if its in good shape, i say go for it. u'll never find a deal like that again.
i bought my 94 teggy ls for 4 g's with 92k miles on, but back to the thread. ask for some service papers for the work that was done to the gsr, mainly the cluth. don't hand over the cash before you take a nice test drive too. other then that maybe you could try and talk him down a lil, it wouldn't hurt just to try. good luck yo... one day i hope... sooon, i'll own a gsr :cry

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what are some ways to rat him out to see if the car is messed up since u guys say the price is really good? and also, does it matter who put in the aftermarket parts? he said some shop in MV did it. should ask the owner if i can contact the shop and will the shop have the records or anything?

·
Registered
93 Posts
EviLLLLSiNz said:
what are some ways to rat him out to see if the car is messed up since u guys say the price is really good? and also, does it matter who put in the aftermarket parts? he said some shop in MV did it. should ask the owner if i can contact the shop and will the shop have the records or anything?

if it's running mechanically sound,then interior inperfections and/or cosmetic defects(peeling clearcoat) are the only ways u may be able to talk him down. from the pics tho, it looks flawless. i don't really like the fog lights tho. the seller should have the papers for the mechanical work

·
Registered
31 Posts
You should ask him was it in the accident of any kind. Like he might have a Good Title, but the car might have been hit/something. Test drive it, the car itself might be going straight, but the frame turned a little sideway. That usually happens after accidents, when frame is messed up. But other than that buy it before someone else does!!! Good luck!!! :D

·
Registered
434 Posts
That car is a rather good deal, considering:

-b18c1 alone = ~2500-3000
-ebay price of aftermarket parts = ~1500-2000

You could make back the price of the car by stripping it, swap in an LS, and resell. Just an idea. People say aftermarket parts lower the resale value, but not to me. ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok well yea it got into an accident on the front left he said...i dunno if its big. not noticeable in pictures tho. the inside is really clean he sent me a pic. i asked him about the accident he hasnt replied back. what other records shoudl i ask for?

·
Registered
887 Posts
The car looks good and sounds good. The more aftermarket parts he has on it, the more the price drops so.... One thing that kinda stood out is that it has 135k miles on it and oli every changed 3-4k. The oil should be changed every 3k but since my car passed the 100,000 two dasy ago, i'll start doing it every 2.5k.

·
Registered
434 Posts
If the frame was bent during accident, don't buy it. If it wasn't bent, you're good to go ;)

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
in all honestly after market mods dont add value to a car. when u modify ur car it loses value and doesnt gain it. this may have more truth with a dealership but every car has a blue book value. the kelly blue book on this car is no more than $4800 given all of its features and that the car itself is in "excellent" conidition. try www.kbb.com and look up the cars value. even though he may have dumped a few grand in it, he should be lucky to get half of it back by tagging it onto the price of the car. when my bro bought the 97 greddy GSR they sold it for 17g. the blue book value at the time was around 17 and all of the parts alone in that car along w/tuning by the techs here in irvine would run close to 5-6g easy. anything higher than 5900 u should have the guy kick rocks. IMO...i dont like cars that have already been modified bc u can never be certain of their history

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
as longs as the body, the interior, suspension is good every thing else will be a pice of cake!

the TEG looks good for that price :btu

·
Registered
33 Posts
acuragsr18 said:
in all honestly after market mods dont add value to a car. when u modify ur car it loses value and doesnt gain it. this may have more truth with a dealership but every car has a blue book value. the kelly blue book on this car is no more than $4800 given all of its features and that the car itself is in "excellent" conidition. try www.kbb.com and look up the cars value. even though he may have dumped a few grand in it, he should be lucky to get half of it back by tagging it onto the price of the car. when my bro bought the 97 greddy GSR they sold it for 17g. the blue book value at the time was around 17 and all of the parts alone in that car along w/tuning by the techs here in irvine would run close to 5-6g easy. anything higher than 5900 u should have the guy kick rocks. IMO...i dont like cars that have already been modified bc u can never be certain of their history
Thats so true aftermarket parts dont raise the price of your car.. with more aftermarket parts on the car that tells the seller that you ran the car hard before.. and like what acura gsr said you can be certain of its history.. I'm in the process of selling or trading my del sol vtec b16 turbo/nos with this kid... he thinks there is something wrong with it because I'm selling it for really cheap... I just need the money and I know if I sell for cheap someone will jump on it without me dealing with the hassle... if I were you i would check everything.. leaks... compression test... who knows maybe that guy is like me and just wants to get rid of it because he has so many cars..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey, im here for a little more help evaluating this car:

1996 Acura integra GSR for sale. Tha car has manual transmission and running Well. This car has been in our family since new so we have kept all the service history. The car runs well with no mechanical damage. The reason i am selling this car is because I have bought a new car.
The Car has green color exterior with tan interior.
1.8 litre engine with 167 HP.
Alarm system
Moonroof
Power system (locks, windows, steering)
Alloy wheels
And many many more.

I need to sell this car as soon as possible.
I am asking $5000 for the car. Please serious buyer only.

people have already offered 4700 and 4800. he seems liek a very loyal person i asked if i could take it to my mechanic and he said he had nothing to hide. one accident, he has paperwork for it and it was fixed and had car realigned. It has a clifford alarm system with a mp3 deck speakers and subwoofer. the clutch was changed 3 months ago with new tires, too. It has 155k miles...what u guys think? worth the 5gs?

·
Registered
659 Posts
i would definanlty have the car looked at and taken for a test drive before u buy it... you dont want to end up with a car that is gonna crap out on u a week after u buy it... if the car is fine after it is looked at i would certainly jump all over this deal... hopefully the car is fine and u will be a proud owner of a gsr

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
yeah get it.....fo shizzle....

i paid damn near $7 for my 95 gsr and it turned out to be a lemon! now its compleatly redone and i have a bout 135k on the body.... :tu
go for it....u can do itttttttttttttt

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
fast asleep said:
Thats so true aftermarket parts dont raise the price of your car.. with more aftermarket parts on the car that tells the seller that you ran the car hard before.. and like what acura gsr said you can be certain of its history.. I'm in the process of selling or trading my del sol vtec b16 turbo/nos with this kid... he thinks there is something wrong with it because I'm selling it for really cheap... I just need the money and I know if I sell for cheap someone will jump on it without me dealing with the hassle... if I were you i would check everything.. leaks... compression test... who knows maybe that guy is like me and just wants to get rid of it because he has so many cars..
exactly, always cover ur own ass. bc once u buy that car its YOURS. if there should be any problems with it than leave that thing alone. when u buy a car thats already been moded u know the owner ran that car hard at one point or another. i beat on my teg like no other...even before i rebuilt it beat on it, especially since it was my everday driver. take EVERY SINGLE PRECAUTION that u possibly can. u want a car that wont give u any problems bc once shit starts going out all the money u saved or want to spend fixing it up will go to repair bills. thats why i think buying a completely stock car is in ur better interest since it wasnt moded to begin with and thats less of a beating that the engine had to endure. i like knowing everything that has been done and the history of the car as far as it being moded goes. thats just IMO and my philosphy. but if everything checks out good go for it man, the integra is a beautiful car and a great ride :tu

·
Registered
33 Posts
you can get it for cheaper... reason why is because you said it was in an accident.. if the frame got bent but was realigned you can pretty much consider that salvage... it might not say it on the title because maybe he never filed it with his insurance... in my opinion if i was going to buy the car I would try to take it somewhere around 4000-4500... I know thats kind of low but you can throw numbers and use that accident aginist him.. it doesn't hurt to try and get it for as low as you can... its your money if he doesn't like your offer then thats that... just dont get 2 excited and not see the bad things... I always take a friend with me to have him look at all the negative things with the car because when you're in the market for a car. you find a good deal... you see all the good things and not the bad... like when my friend was trying to buy a 240sx with a sr20det in it... he was excieted but the car had a crazy idle... doors and body panel wasn't as flush... just lots of little minor stuff was off.. he was set on buying the car until I told him the little nick nack faults... which helped him out and he didn't take the car...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts