Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to know how i can make my 96 Accord faster....it is an I4 and needs some help to get itself around....brand new tranny and paint job.
Any affordable and expensive ways to make my car faster would help.:confused

· Banned
1,613 Posts
don't expect some super speed boost from basic stuff - these are low compression 4cly engines they aren't going to come to life with bolt ons.

MONEY will make your accord faster - how much do you have to throw at it?

Is it just not worth waiting to buy a better platform?

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
don't expect some super speed boost from basic stuff - these are low compression 4cly engines they aren't going to come to life with bolt ons.

exactly it's an accord. save up and get something a little better and keep this as your dd. only thing that will make it remotely fast is boost.

· Premium Member
6,822 Posts

i agree, but if you are like me you KNOWINGLY bought the car ( civic in my case) knowing it would take alot of work to be fast, so the better platform thing isnt always the case.. IMO this guy didnt know what he was getting into....oops :hug

· Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
the driver makes the car faster. best bang for the buck modification is always the nut behind the steering wheel. do a search

autocross.com/evolution

· Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
he should do suspension manual or auto....but the best bang for the buck is still the upgrade of the nut behind the wheel.

· Registered
7 Posts
yup my 96 is in bad shape rite now.it wont go past 60mph for some reason the trans seams to give up.dont know why.it only gets 1-3.sometimes it doest even get 3rd. can anyone hepl me out..it just has a couple of mods here & there.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
yup my 96 is in bad shape rite now.it wont go past 60mph for some reason the trans seams to give up.dont know why.it only gets 1-3.sometimes it doest even get 3rd. can anyone hepl me out..it just has a couple of mods here & there.
1. start your own thread :rolleyes it's that simple
2. check your tranny fluid
3. check your tq converter
4. i'll be you're really out of tranny fluid

· Registered
7 Posts
can you actualy boost a F22?i Got a F22B2. ithought those engines can only handle so much?shit i just found out my trans is no good anymore.it wont shift into 4th & 5th.sometimes not even 3rd. it just revs & no longer works until i turn the car completely off than turn it on after a min.its weird.never herd or had this problem with any car.can anyone help me out?:bash....

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
can you actualy boost a F22?i Got a F22B2. ithought those engines can only handle so much?shit i just found out my trans is no good anymore.it wont shift into 4th & 5th.sometimes not even 3rd. it just revs & no longer works until i turn the car completely off than turn it on after a min.its weird.never herd or had this problem with any car.can anyone help me out?:bash....
1. you can boost any motor
2. your car is a manual? did you check your slave cylinder if it's hydraulic
3. did you check your your shift linkage?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.