Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 96 Honda Civic EX. I bought the car mainly to soop it up. Does anyone know what the max horsepower gain I can get from the small engine? Im thinking about a AEM intake, A catback exhaust, maybe camshafts, and a 3-2-1 header?

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I want to gain as much horsepower as possible. I know the car has about 127 HP stock, but that really sucks. I need to have at least 200 HP. Is there a way to get that much HP out of that small engine, and If so, what parts are good for my car?????

Please help...
THank you....:D

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
kyzersoza said:
I just bought a 96 Honda Civic EX. I bought the car mainly to soop it up. Does anyone know what the max horsepower gain I can get from the small engine? Im thinking about a AEM intake, A catback exhaust, maybe camshafts, and a 3-2-1 header?

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I want to gain as much horsepower as possible. I know the car has about 127 HP stock, but that really sucks. I need to have at least 200 HP. Is there a way to get that much HP out of that small engine, and If so, what parts are good for my car?????

Please help...
trade it in for another car..i have the same car and its slow as shit...intake, headers, exhaust gives you minimal gains...you'll still be slow!

If I were you... 1) i'd trade it in for something else 2) save for a swap then go N/A 3) turbo the d16y8 or last but not least... get a zex kit..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Port and polish the head plus get a valve job, bore the block and install larger pistons, full cat-back exhaust, free flow catalytic converter, TURBO CHARGER, Apexi VAFC, and very good tuning should give you about 200 hp.

Check the cost of doing all the above then compare it to the cost of doing an engine swap (B16, B18 or H22) then Turbo Charge it.

------------------------------------------------------------------
1994 Honda Civic D16Z6. If you don't like it, SUCK it.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Slap a b16 in that baby.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Like everyone else said - the suspension is a great base to build on in all civics of this generation - a good, solid double wishbone setup (Ok a little more exotic in the rear, but still fundamentally SLA) - something you won't find in any other car in this class.

The engine is, I'm afraid, a victim of the suspension - it is shoehorned inbetween the uper A-arms, therefore it is only 1.6L. That's just not enough displacement to do much with, even with SOHC VTEC.

What you do to make it faster is up to you, but to be seriously fast in a straight line, start thinking swap right now. Set a goal, go for it, and do not err from your chosen course.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
only way you're gonna get anywhere NEAR 200 hp with a D-series engine is by FI (forced induction) meaning, turbo, supercharger, nitrous oxide....

save up for either turbo or supercharger ;)

ghost

·
Registered
176 Posts
those are ultra rare!!!:D haha...we know what u mean guy...j/k

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
kyzersoza said:

Please help...
Man, if you're "hot for HP", you definately shouldn't have gotten
a Honda Civic EX. Even though making a "screamer" IS possible,
it'd be cheaper getting a WRX or other "capable" vehicle direct
from the factory. If, however, you're "stuck" with the EX, I'd
say: TURBO THAT BITCH!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts