Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a mint condition 1997 Honda Del Sol, and need to know what motors fit in it. I want a vtec, and not some junk motor. I have about 1500 to spend on a motor. What is the best setup i can find for the money i have.

· Registered
10,923 Posts
If it's "mint"...the motor's mint, too, right? Is it an S? I think 1500 won't get you a "mint-type" B16, IMO. Is a K20 doable? That'd be cool....Again, probably a lot more than 1500. Just keep saving and looking around, and one day you'll find THE DEAL, or your money/goals will equalize.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
I am buying a mint condition 1997 Honda Del Sol, and need to know what motors fit in it. I want a vtec, and not some junk motor. I have about 1500 to spend on a motor. What is the best setup i can find for the money i have.
:hehe.

ummm vtec is for economy and doesn't really determine how fast you will go. if you put a stock b16 in there vs non-vtec b18b and gave them the same tranny the b18b would be faster. for 1500 bucks. the best motor you can easily put in there is a b18b with gsr tranny. vtec doesn't mean shit. put a b18b in there, get some bc stage one cams and do boltons. you smoke integra gsrs and b16's all day long and not even approach what they payed for their setups

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.