Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't normally work on Honda's, but I'm doing a friend a favor. The stock manifold on his 1997 Honda Civic DX Sedan is cracked as well as his intermediate pipe. He doesn't want the exhaust loud he wants it stock sounding and cheap. I've been looking and I can't find a header for the DX model. Evidentilly it has to do with the positioning of the cat on the manifold. I need to know what the cheapest and fast way would be to get a new manifold or header on there as well as the intermediate pipe. A garage quoted this guy 1300 for all stock parts and labor. I want to try and do it for 600 or so including labor. Please HELP. FYI. I did a search on the forum and saw no mention of this particular issue.

Michael

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Well to get the most out of his motor and keep it cheap, and not to mention better for the long run, switch him over to a Ex/Si exaust route. You will need a header, and all the piping to the exhaust. I do have the stock axle back exhuast if you would like to but it for cheap. As far as the headers, id check ebay, you could probably get pacesetter header for around 150...but id look for a stock one if at all possible. Basically with this set up you will be making the engines exhaust route to an ex. As far as the intake manifold you will need one off a DX or Lx unless you feel like converting it to an ex as well. One thing is that as you see his intake manifold is stright up and the ex/si is to the side. This could hurt him if he has an after market inatke already on the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks. I've been told I could convert it totally to an EX. You have everything from basically the header back for an EX? Will it fit on the 4 door? If so I'll take it. You want 125 or so for it? So after I get that all I'll need is the header and the cat correct? I know I'll have to extend the wires for the 02 sensor to fit in the cat.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Re: Thanks

Temp Guy said:
Thanks. I've been told I could convert it totally to an EX. You have everything from basically the header back for an EX? Will it fit on the 4 door? If so I'll take it. You want 125 or so for it? So after I get that all I'll need is the header and the cat correct? I know I'll have to extend the wires for the 02 sensor to fit in the cat.
All i have is the axle back exhaust portion of it...so from the rear a-arm back i have, you still need to get the rest Header, cat, pipe ect..

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
50 bucks + shipping and handling...??? sound good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds good

Sounds good. You wanna do pay pal. Send me an email. [email protected] with your paypal address. Let me know how much you want for shipping as well. Just to clarify. After this I will need the Header, Cat and intermediate pipe for and EX and that is it correct?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
and bolts...sorry i have none. Um ill let you know shipping as soon as i can, I am a full time worker and part time student..i have to find a box. lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool

Cool. I understand. I'm gonna go ahead and order the rest of the stuff. I appreciate your help. Email me when your ready. Email is above in post. Again THANKS! You Honda guy's aren't that bad after all ;)

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Re: Cool

Temp Guy said:
Cool. I understand. I'm gonna go ahead and order the rest of the stuff. I appreciate your help. Email me when your ready. Email is above in post. Again THANKS! You Honda guy's aren't that bad after all ;)
Ok sent u an email..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts