Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all---here are links to my cr-v automatic b20 vtec turbo----transmission is fully rebuilt as well. Before we started the mods it had 72 whp, 75 wheel torque---after full rebuild it dynos at 187 whp and 158 wheel torque---

It's an automatic and AWD, so the numbers to the wheels will be low. It's an OBD2 Auto AWD, so engine manangement is a bit of a pain. We are only reving to around 6200, if we reved it out to 8000, I think it might make the same torque but closer to 240awhp. A stock 6-speed 04-06 STi will usually put down in the 195-205 range on the dyno.

Anyone have any suggestions on getting around the rev limiter at 6200? OBD2 TO OBD1?

It will be tuned to run on E85 soon---once it's all sorted out a little bodywork is in order, and perhaps some suspension tightening....

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...CRV_637052.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...CRV_637056.htm

· Registered
10,346 Posts
actually both emanage and aem's fic would allow you to raise the rev limiter and should work with your auto ecu
Links to details?

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Sleeper CRV- Video

Sleeper Honda CRV - Video

Thanks guys---i know that the tuners have been working on figuring it out---I'll pass along the info---

This thing would be crazy if it downshifted into the meat of the vtec, which I think it would if it revved to 7500 before downshifting
I have absolutely NO knowledge behind CRV modification, but I would assume you could get a OBD conversion harness and run a OBD1 ECU, maybe a few different sensors. Im saying this only cuz it has B series powertrain, so would most likely follow the same tuning guidelines of a civic or integra with that motor swap. Run it by your tuners and see what they have to say.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Damn, i watched those videos, that guy needs motor mounts like no tomorrow, thats a good 3-4 inches of movement when he let off the gas

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Fuck vtec

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.