Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the gear selector light bulb in the center console of a 1999 Accord EX.

I removed the trim ring around the automatic's gear shifter. I could see two wires going to the light bulb under the gear selector clear window but I could not see how to remove the plastic housing containing the window.

Does anyone know how to get to the light bulb?

· Registered
115 Posts
if memory serves, you've gotta take the trim thingy off, and then the plastic cover thing that goes around the shifter. the lightbulbs will be under there.

Mine burnt out a while ago.. I just gave up because I couldn't get at it and wasn't about to rip my entire dash out to change a lightbulb... so at night, I just use the indicator near the fuel gauge.

· Registered
55 Posts
I had my 02 burn out. where you see the wires going, the bulb is in a socket, you gotta twist out that bulb like you would be taking out a break light or something. those are really small bulbs u gotta buy at auto zone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.