Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, we got our alignment printout (see picture below) and were told by the repairman that our rear toe on both sides is misaligned. He said this was the reason we are burning through so many tires. Then he broke some bad news and said that there was no way to adjust the rear toe without installing a $1000 aftermarket rear toe adjustment kit. We were wondering if this is true or not? Is there some way to adjust the rear toe on a 1999 Accord without the new parts?

-={MarioToad}=-

· Registered
103 Posts
ok hotsauce i guess that you did not understand my english let me say it again,, TOE is the only thing that you can adjust,, loosen up the nut on the control arm,17 mm , turn the pivot bolt on the opposite side, adjust till toe is within specs........By the way you never used a washer to adjust toe, accords always had toe adjustments , you might be thinking of a camber adjustment where you add a washer on the rear upper control arm

· Registered
12,437 Posts
ok hotsauce i guess that you did not understand my english let me say it again,, TOE is the only thing that you can adjust,, loosen up the nut on the control arm,17 mm , turn the pivot bolt on the opposite side, adjust till toe is within specs........By the way you never used a washer to adjust toe, accords always had toe adjustments , you might be thinking of a camber adjustment where you add a washer on the rear upper control arm
rear toe is not fully adjustable on 6th gen accords without a toe kit. why would they make rear camber/toe kits for them if it was adjustable stock??
but yea, my bad you're right about the washer adjustment, it is for camber

· Registered
3,194 Posts
Wow, hostile. If I'm not mistaken there is no toe or camber adjustment on 6G accords. I specifically remember replacing the toe arms and camber arms that had no adjustment at all on my 01, the stock bars were solid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.