Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I;ve been looking around to pick up a good prelude and i stumbled on this car.
HERE

Do you think this is a good deal, also when I go to look at it what sould I pay
attention to, or check on the condition of, thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
considering two of the three engine shots arent even of a honda engine, it looks a lil fishy.

but if you go check it out and it seems fine...

·
Registered
146 Posts
haha i thought i noticed something different. its not a good or bad deal, a lot of preludes are priced about that much however i'm sure you could find one for less. after carfax you probs want to check if its gotten a timing belt replacement, and expensive maintenance stuff like that. cause that could set you back quite a bit also. "melvin motors" and places akin to that all seem kinda shady. i bought my car from a place like that and really ended up doing more maintenance/repairs than i had anticipated. they are going to tell you its under kbb because they are a dealer and show you the retail price but unless they brought the car back to as good condition as possible and took care of all repairs/maintenance than you shouldn't pay any more than the private party value.you could end up replacing the timing belt, brakes, tires, fixing oil leaks, etc. in addition to that cost so beware. i paid $9997 for a base 99 (68k mi) and then about $1500 on random crap that had to be done.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
given that it's a dealer it might be an honest mistake. They probably deal with a lot of photos of different cars, and uploaded the wrong ones or something.

That price is right at blue book for that car assuming it's in near perfect condition. I woulnd't say it's a good deal at that price, but you can probably get them down some and get it for a decent price.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
prelude2perfect said:
:wow Damn, that sounds like a sweet deal, how many miles and was anything wrong with it like previous accidents or anything?
the trick was i bought it off of ebay from a dealer near me. it was never in any accidents and at the time nothing was wrong with it...since i bought it ive had to replace the primary o2 sensor and now i think i need a new cat...nothing big. im pretty sure the price was based on the miles...150K!!! but i didnt sweat it, its a honda!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
manalishi said:
the trick was i bought it off of ebay from a dealer near me. it was never in any accidents and at the time nothing was wrong with it...since i bought it ive had to replace the primary o2 sensor and now i think i need a new cat...nothing big. im pretty sure the price was based on the miles...150K!!! but i didnt sweat it, its a honda!
Damn 150k, whats it up to now, and hows it been running

·
Registered
403 Posts
Is it just me but i thought sh's came with the factory spoiler so i'm wondering where's it at. Also with the low miles i'd definitely check to make sure it's not a salvaged title and definitely make sure it's an sh. if they're not too far from you take it for a test drive and make sure the tranny doesn't grind. GL.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Except for the missing spoiler it "visually" looks like an SH. - leather wrapped shifter, no window brake light, sh decal, matching sides, and rims. The vin should tell you. I only see one engine pic and it looks fine. Id just be worried that it was beat on, since I see a nice intake. Id look for some old lady drivin lude that was probably babied it's whole life. And that price is ok - not great though...

$9500 for my 97SH with 78k about 3 years ago. Still had to pay for timing belt and stuff down the road, but pretty damn reliable otherwise. Id keep looking if I were you. Just be patient.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts