Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Gen B16A1 Into 95 Sol....Worth it??
Hey guys. I will probably be buying another CRX with a swap already in it, which means I can pull my B16 out of my beat up Rex and put it in my wife's Sol. I know that there are some differences between the wiring and so forth but I wanted to ask if anyone here has done this swap, and is it worth the time and money? Would I use a hydro or cable tranny? What about the OB issues...will there be any serious problems there?

Thanks for the help :)

· Registered
355 Posts
I haven't done the swap but I know there are a few problems with a B16A1 into a Sol. The B16A1 has a cable tranny/clutch and the del Sol has a hydro. Hasport I believe makes a hydro to cable conversion but I don't think I'd want do that but I don't know too muc habout htat conversion. The motor will work fine you cna use STOCK del Sol VTEC mounts to bolt it in but I'd suggest trying to get a hydro tranny form a B16. As far as USDM motors go a B16A2 has a hydro tranny but hte motor is OBD II and the '93-'95 del Sol is OBD I and '96-'97 del Sol is OBD II. A B16A3 is OBD I and has a hydro tranny. So if your B16A1 is gonig into a '93-'95 del Sol all you need to do as far as the tranny goes is to get a hydro tranny or a hydro to cable conversion to use the B16A1 tranny. As far as wiring goes I can't say anything there.
G

Good Luck!!

· Registered
138 Posts
since you already have the motor then yes it is worth it hasport does make a hydro to cable conversion and it works very well one of my friends is using it and he has like 400hp and it is just fine i say for for it, it seems like you already know what you have to do, so just do it and good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.