Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,520 Posts
and ....


they don't work :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
i DONT normally do this...BUT imma jack this thread so theres a pic in it haha, heres one of my "si's" after a few years of ownership now....







and heres an old one of part of the interior, the blitz SBC ID electronic boost controller is now chillin in the drivers side air vent and the VAFC is no more :D



heres my other "lil si"





so yeah, i guess this thread has been officially jacked...i did want to post a few up of the si before i let her go anyway :D anyone that wants to see more just click the links in the siggy, threads now fully jacked, peace.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,734 Posts
How is the suede on your Momo Champion holding up, and how long have you had it?

Just curious. I am trying to decide between the Tuner and the Champion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
Did you buy the CRX with the B16? I would of took the B16 out of the 99-00 Si and drop it in the CRX and then purchase a B18c5 and drop that in the Si. I was planning on doing this when i had my Si.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
Targa250R said:
How is the suede on your Momo Champion holding up, and how long have you had it?

Just curious. I am trying to decide between the Tuner and the Champion.
the suede is holding up totally fine bro- i love that wheel...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
1Fast99Si said:
Did you buy the CRX with the B16? I would of took the B16 out of the 99-00 Si and drop it in the CRX and then purchase a B18c5 and drop that in the Si. I was planning on doing this when i had my Si.

its a 91 civic hatch. ive had it for like 2 years and didnt purchase it with the motor installed. its my beater car. ive got a turbo on my '00 b16a2 si and its got a hydro transmission. the b16a1 in the hatch has a cable transmission, and on top of that, why in GODS name would i spend thousands of dollars for a type r motor for my si when it would only depreciate the value of the car and only raise the HP a nominal amount for the $$$. its a perfectly good b16a2 with 29k miles on it and the stupidest thing in the world i could have done would be to rip it out and put it in the hatch where it wouldnt even work without hundreds and hundreds MORE dollars invested to convert the hydro to cable transmission so i COULD use it in the hatch. that would be the biggest waste of money (new mounts for both cars, rewiring everything on the si ontop of rewiring the hatch, installation fees up the fucking ass, downtime for BOTH cars which i do not have time for at ALL, etc. etc. etc... blah blah blah) on top of that, i dont even think hasport or anyone reputable makes a mount kit yet for the b16a2 with hydro tranny into the 91 civic hatch. please think before you speak next time so i dont have to get aggrivated and type a response. so back to the original plan that actually happened: drive hatch around all day when not driving si, get tired of 4 speed manual transmission 70base horsepower goodness of hatch, buy b16a1 that actually fits in hatch with a few easy mods, get motor delivered in 3 days, take old motor out of hatch, drive turbo si around while working on hatch, drop motor in hatch, put turbo si back in the garage when its crappy out, drive b16a1 powered hatch around during the work week, now with 160hp instead of 70hp, and still have nice turbo si that hasnt been raped of its motor just so i could throw in some USED b18c5 from god only knows where and who owned and beat on it before i bought it with XXX,XXX amount of mileage ,and so id have to buy ANOTHER clutch and flywheel for the b18c5 so it could hold the power of the turbo if i had bolted it back on the shitty "new" used motor now in the si, because the hatch (if i followed your plan and did your idea instead) would now have a b16 with a stage 3 clutch and flywheel in it with NO turbo, that id have to deal with driving around stage 3 style every freakin day for no reason because the now turboless motor in the hatch wouldnt need that clutch power? nooooooooooooooo, my way was much easier with far better end results - please dont spit out stupid ideas that you think are better especially considering the obvious fact that you didnt consider the complications or involvement of the whole plan before you farted it out your mouth LOL ;) :D now come back at me and tell me how its YOUR idea and youre entitled to state it no matter how stupid it is because THIS is the internet so i can have another good laugh at your expense..come on, im waiting. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,734 Posts
Ouch! :um:

OT, but Hasport does make a conversion kit to use a hyraulic-clutch tranny in a cable-clutch car without any issues - no need to install a complete hydraulic clutch system into your cable-clutch car. A B16A2 will now go into an '88-91 Civic with little to no modification (other than the obvious mounts, clutch conversion, axles, and conversion to pre-OBD MPFI wiring).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
Targa250R said:
Ouch! :um:

OT, but Hasport does make a conversion kit to use a hyraulic-clutch tranny in a cable-clutch car without any issues - no need to install a complete hydraulic clutch system into your cable-clutch car. A B16A2 will now go into an '88-91 Civic with little to no modification (other than the obvious mounts, clutch conversion, axles, and conversion to pre-OBD MPFI wiring).

wow youre right i just looked it up, so that would have been another $500 something dollars for the mounts instead of the $300 i spent on the ones for the b16a1 swap....oh well. and to the dude i made the comments to up above there, im sorry if youre all upset now, just dont come up with stupid ideas like that and it wont happen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,111 Posts
Targa250R said:
How is the suede on your Momo Champion holding up, and how long have you had it?

Just curious. I am trying to decide between the Tuner and the Champion.

i just bought the momo thunder
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Hey, doest that fogliht button/switch come stock in a Si? That button next to moonroof and mirror controls.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Nice cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,111 Posts
slow said:
Hey, doest that fogliht button/switch come stock in a Si? That button next to moonroof and mirror controls.


it would come stock on a car that has FOGLIGHTS stock
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,734 Posts
temp said:
i just bought the momo thunder
Those are super-cheap right now, they're less than half of MSRP at shopmomo.com.

I prefer the look of the Tuner though, it's going to look badass in the rex.

Did you get a 320mm or 350mm?

slow said:
Hey, doest that fogliht button/switch come stock in a Si?

No, it only comes with fog lights, and fog lights were an optional accessory.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,111 Posts
Targa250R said:
Those are super-cheap right now, they're less than half of MSRP at shopmomo.com.

I prefer the look of the Tuner though, it's going to look badass in the rex.

Did you get a 320mm or 350mm?


No, it only comes with fog lights, and fog lights were an optional accessory.

i bought a 350mm, i can't wait to put it in the rex and part of the reason i bought the thunder was the price......but right now they are sold out of the thunder and will be getting a new shipment on monday : cry :.......pix of the steering wheel you want???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,734 Posts
temp said:
i bought a 350mm, i can't wait to put it in the rex and part of the reason i bought the thunder was the price......but right now they are sold out of the thunder and will be getting a new shipment on monday : cry :.......pix of the steering wheel you want???
Good choice on the 350mm, the 320 feels too small, feels like you're driving a kiddie car. The 350 is comfortable and feels just right.

I wanted to get the Tuner with the black leather and silver spokes:

 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top