Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I just got back from the track. here is my setup

2000 civic EX SRI,Megan Header heatwraped, exhaust w/ silencer in, PS belt off, stock FPR, tires at 40 psi(kumho 712's)

first and best slip. IM got SO hot so fast and was kiling me at the top end. I need to reroute the colant lines to get consistant times.

R/T .983
60' 2.422
330' 6.812
1/8 10.474
MPH 25.92<----WTF???
1000' 13.700
1/4 16.434
MPH 82.13

Ithink I did ok for my first ever time on the track. was fun untill I ran out of gas and had to pay 14 bucks for two galons of race gas to get me to the closest gas station lol.

I could get my 60's down a tad but the clutch is gone and IDK why but the tires just wouldnt hook up for shit. my best 60 that night was 2.388

any tips on my setup would be great and mabby some launch tips/tricks :)

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
lower tire pressure. on the street i would not run more than 35psi. at the track you could lower it to about 28-30psi.

you took the power steering belt off but didnt take the silencer off??? :confused

what rpm did you launch at? your 60' time is not that bad but it could of been better. 2 or 2.1 would be great.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
projecthatch92 said:
turbo... :ninja

how do you like your megan header? pro's and con's about it please
so far Ilove the header, it has improved on an already AWESOME design of the stock 99-00 EX header. it weighs less and has smoother merges. I hetwraped it so it doesnt kill the underhood temps. Only con I have found is the collecter is a little small, mabby the new one has a larger colector?(I got one of the 1st versions) it fit prefect and has given a bump in power above 4500rpm that is noticable.

I launched at about 4200, every other time I tried at same rpm and it just wouldnt hook up like the first time.

I will try the lower tire ressure next time and will update you guys. turbo is in the work guys :w00t

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
That's not to bad of a 60 ft. My friend went to the track with his stock 2000 integra ls with an intake and an apex'i N1 and he ran 16.42, 16.45, and 16.51 with 60 foots over 2.7. He has the car lowered so damn much that there's so much negative camber that the car just spins through 1st.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I would take out your silencer and lower the tire pressure to what the others recommended and launch at 3800RPM or 4100RPM. By the way what track do u race at, I live in southern VT, just 20minutes west of Keene. I have been looking for a 1/4mile to see what times I get. :)

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
went down to Epping NH, get on 93 south and right before manchester where it splits between 293 and 93 stay 93 then get on 101 east and get off on exit 8. there will ge signes "gragway"

go next friday Ill be there in my black 00 coupe. 19 bucks to race gates open 5pm races start 6pm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.