Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got the bottle filled. an went for a test run. the car pulled like rape ape but start to cut uptop. my guess fuel pressure. but i already bumped it.

at idle 40psi or so. but when i give it gas it jumps to about 49-50psi.

so i was thinking that couldnt be it. so i pulled the plugs. i looked at them..they seem to be black. to much fuel? so i look aound to see if i have a nos leak. i cant tell. i see some shit around the nitrous seliniod but not around the fuel seliniod. it smells kinda good. like a clean smell? could this be my problem? em floggin the motor an given it to much fuel.

one more thing i that happened it when i open the ecut(exhaust cut out) i get a cell. im thinking O2 sence when i open in normal driven it kicks anyway.

give me some help!!

oh yeah...this is only a 50shot.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
*sigh*
every 50 hp, retard ur timing 2 degress.
on another note, didn't i just aim u and tell u ur problem...

not enough nitrous presser, your running rich because the "gas" isn't there (nitrous), fix the nitrous pressure problem and it'll be on like donkey kong in a man thong.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
9400rpms said:
*sigh*
every 50 hp, retard ur timing 2 degress.
on another note, didn't i just aim u and tell u ur problem...

not enough nitrous presser, your running rich because the "gas" isn't there (nitrous), fix the nitrous pressure problem and it'll be on like donkey kong in a man thong.
phew. good deal. im glad iots something simple. :tu

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update***

so i lowered my fuel pressure about 2 psi or so. so it 38psi at idle an 48psi or so at WOT. an restet the ECU. turned the bottle on an im at 900psi. :)

so i was thinking it should be good this pass. nope. keeps jerking uptop. an it didnt seem to pull as hard as when i first spreyed. so stop an turn around an thought..shit lets open the ecut up. i go to take a pass an he run good, all the way threw the RPM. dosnt bogg or anything. but it still didnt seem as strong as when i first spreyed. i think im running low on gas. does this seem right? when i got back to see what my psi was i think it was 700psi again.

so my question is why is it bogging with ecut closed then haven it open? Does it not seem strong as before because the bottle is getting empty?

·
Registered
682 Posts
seems like it. if there is only 3.5lbs of gas in ther, my apasity on my big bottle is 15.. so say u have a 10 pounder or 15 pounder then u gots problems because it is like this.... when i spray 65 shot i get all kinds of power with the bottle at 10-15pounds at a steady 950-1000psi but as it gets to about 9 pounds or blow i make it surge to 1200psi and change jets for 75`s because yes u lose pressure as power goes down... thats the suckie part of bottle...

Reactions: DrivinVtec

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ITR_typeR said:
seems like it. if there is only 3.5lbs of gas in ther, my apasity on my big bottle is 15.. so say u have a 10 pounder or 15 pounder then u gots problems because it is like this.... when i spray 65 shot i get all kinds of power with the bottle at 10-15pounds at a steady 950-1000psi but as it gets to about 9 pounds or blow i make it surge to 1200psi and change jets for 75`s because yes u lose pressure as power goes down... thats the suckie part of bottle...
i have a 10lbs bottle. that makes sence. im usen a driect port kit so i would think bottle psi would be very important. some good advice. thanks REP

·
Registered
682 Posts
no prob... i rep back.. peace- good luck with the bottle... my D15b2 in my 89 civic DX sedan with UBERDATA, OBD-1 conver, and MPFI convrsion really likes the setup.. peace-

Reactions: ksniperfox

·
Registered
682 Posts
no probs nizza... lol.. but in all seriousness... we all need to get video of our cars beating people then we should make a compilation.. i almost never see a compilation of only nitros cars... plus when i spray u know it.. i pull nukka!!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Check all of your jetting and make sure they are in the correct place. Check the noids sometimes fuel noids like to stick or not open all the way when they get old. What kit are you using? Check for leaks on the fuel/n20. get the pressure up more on that bottle. Stop being a cheap skate and kick down a bill for a auto bottle heater.from dyno tune.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Z284U2TRY said:
Check all of your jetting and make sure they are in the correct place. Check the noids sometimes fuel noids like to stick or not open all the way when they get old. What kit are you using? Check for leaks on the fuel/n20. get the pressure up more on that bottle. Stop being a cheap skate and kick down a bill for a auto bottle heater.from dyno tune.
directport kit from zex. WET. its new, so the noids shuldnt be bad.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you are running overly rich, just cut down on the fuel jetting size a little and see what happens. You may also want to try going to a colder heat range of sparkplug after you try rejetting the fuel side of the nozzles.

However, you did mention that you saw some shit around the nitrous solenoid. If the leak is on the nozzle side of the solenoid, then you will not be able to tell if there is a leak by waiting for the bottle pressure to bleed off. But if the leak is on the bottle side of the solenoid, then you probably will find that you have lost alot of nitrous with the car just setting.

But regardless, if you have a nitrous leak, then that may be the culprit of your problems. But if you continue to run rich after fixing a nitrous leak, then cut back on the fuel jetting a little at a time until you get it right. But don't lean out your motor.

·
Registered
180 Posts
DrivinVtec said:
well i got the bottle filled. an went for a test run. the car pulled like rape ape but start to cut uptop. my guess fuel pressure. but i already bumped it.

at idle 40psi or so. but when i give it gas it jumps to about 49-50psi.

so i was thinking that couldnt be it. so i pulled the plugs. i looked at them..they seem to be black. to much fuel? so i look aound to see if i have a nos leak. i cant tell. i see some shit around the nitrous seliniod but not around the fuel seliniod. it smells kinda good. like a clean smell? could this be my problem? em floggin the motor an given it to much fuel.

one more thing i that happened it when i open the ecut(exhaust cut out) i get a cell. im thinking O2 sence when i open in normal driven it kicks anyway.

give me some help!!

oh yeah...this is only a 50shot.

same shit to me, filled the bottle, ( nx wet) 35 hp
hit the gas 2krpm -5 rpm car pulled and ***** engaged and car shut down
try 3 times and give up

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
could be an o2 sensor or it could just be to much fuel for that small shot, when vtec kicks it it poors more gas for the mixture, so put your frg at stock settings and try it, to many people think that if u do a small shot like that, that you have to take timing out and bump the fuel up, u can run a wet 75 shot on a honda with just getting a little colder of a plug and doing nothing else.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts