Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is a 2.08 60 ft. time incredibly horrible on nitto drags. i know it could be lower but the car still wheel hops.(thinking of getting z-10 bars) i see a lot of people running 1.9 times with slicks. i didn't think it was that bad but some seem to think so. anyhow. so what are some thoughts.

· Registered
345 Posts
60's

Not at all!!!! When I was N/A I only hit a couple 2.0's, then turbo too much hp for radials, went to MT's for 1.9's and cut bou't .6 off time and gained +5mph!! I got the KYB's and that helped w/ wheel hop for me and slicks!

Good luck!

Mark

· Registered
7 Posts
What you can do to get rid of wheel hop is
1 have you replace your stock bushing in the front
it will help alot
2 what shocks and springs are you running
3 how much are your tire inflated too
before you go and get the z10 bars you should first
look at the other thing you can do
Our team civic is pulling 1.58 60foot with no help from
traction bars in front or back
that is with slicks
but we have ran it on dot tires and were getting
a few 1.7 but mostly 1.8 60 foots
We have ran alot of diffent slick and dots
there is a right size for each car and set up
I hope i helped and not made it harder
there is not only one thing that is going to give you
great 60 foot
But pratice will help thou

Adam
www.race101.com

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thought about changing the bushings up front but my cousin had poly ones and it was tighter but squeeked like a mad man. i'm running H&R sports up front with tokiko struts. i know that's not the best drag suspension but the car is a daily driver so i have to have something somewhat comfortable. i just thought that the z-10 bars would help because the tension could be let off of them with the daily commute and then pre-loaded on drag days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.