Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys..i was wondering which car would be the better choice 2.2 or 3.0...2.2 comes with stick...3.0 is auto but is v6...dammit!!!!or can a 3.0 engine be swapped into a 2.2...help ppl..

·
Registered
537 Posts
the 3.0 can not be swapped, because the engine mounts are way different. i have a 2.2 so i am a biased opinion on which one is better. there is less of a chance of tranny problems with the stick, and more parts available. headers for the 3.0 cost 1000 bucks while headers for the 2.2 are only about 300. with a bit of work the 2.2 could keep up with a 3.0

any other questions just ask

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HOLY SHIT!!!!1000 BIG 1s!!!DAMN!!!!u make the 3.0 sould like crap if ur intending 2 mod it...are there lot of aftermarket parts avaliable for it???...engine/bodykits etc...

·
Registered
537 Posts
There are more parts available for the 2.2. The only body kit available is Wings West from lip. If you put in some heavy many hours, some accord kits will fit. For the 3.0 engine wise you are sort of limited, headers(only comptech makes them), exhaust, CAI, chip, New cat, pulleys, cam gears, I have also head of new intake manifold-but i dont think i has great results.

For the 2.2 there are more options, there are all the bolt ons and also gude head and cam, Turbo, and always the option of an h22a.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn this sucks ass...so theres only a front lip for it...shit....u think i sould just keep my civic???cuz im more of a show guy....i guess i just want i/h/e bodykit and rims...are there more lip kits/bumpers for the 2.2 or is it all the same???

·
Registered
537 Posts
no body stuff for the 2.2 either.

One of the great things about a CL, is that you can drive all day in it and never see another CL. I see more civics with body kits and rims than i do CL's modded or not.

the side skirts from 2dr accords will fit with very little mods, so you could get the front lip, side skirts, then you have to figure out what to do to the rear bumper.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
great!! thats why i wanted it in the first place..cuz its so rare..do u knoe if there are any factory lips or anything like that??..i figure imma jsut get the 3.0..cuz it has the power already..do u knoe any other tips/tricks about the cl?

·
Registered
537 Posts
get a 98 or 99 CL they have way more goodies than the 97's like but warmers, and other stuff. No factory lips the ww lip looks good.

·
Registered
446 Posts
hey, maybe you should look into getting the 98-2000 Accord coupe, its basicaly the same car, IMO it looks a little better too...sorry 2.2/3.0 CL people. mods are about the same for the older cl and the coupe, you have the choice of 2.3 I4 w/ auto or stick. or you can have 3.0 V6 auto. there are alot of body kits available for the 98-2000 accord coupes that is why i think you should look into it if you really want to get a body kit. if you get a EX accord with leather it has all the features a CL has minus a bose radio... but hey i dont think anyone on this board has a stock radio. :)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
buy the 3.2 type S you can find some for like 22-24k and put the new comptech supercharger i am pretty sure they are going to be available for the 3.2 u will be pushing like 300HP on a front wheel drive coupe.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
AV6er said:
so your 14 and are getting a 03 cl-s, damn you!
Hey I am 19 and i am getting a CL I just have been working hard and saved up to buy it. And about changing or modifying i dont think you can do it just sign up again.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Got to test drive one while gettin service on my Teg, fell in love just need to wait till july, so i can afford navigation system getting the best deal, fully loade 28k.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts