Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have to part with my 1992 2Dr Accord EX bcuz of mechanical problems... :(
but that brings me to my question, i am looking at two cars right now, a 1992 Honda Prelude, im not sure of the engine, i test drive her on Teusday, but it does have 4WS (four wheel steering) or a 1997 Acura CL. The CL needs a new fender, bumper, hood, and inner fender. My uncle said he would take care of body work tho....

wow, so anyways the CL has a Honda SOHC 2.2L VTEC. im pretty sure thats a swap tho. (im a n00b) any info on that engine would help. thnx.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
the 97 CL 2.2 is the same as the accord...except it carries the acura tag. it is the same engine, same platform, just called an acura :rolleyes

the 92 prelude 4ws comes w/ a 2.3L DOHC non-VTEC H23

its not that great of a car in it's stock form...and it takes about the same amount of work as an accord to make it a blast to drive.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what if the 2.2L in the CL has a Honda badge on it?
would havin the DOHC be better than the Single, if the single was a VTEC?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UltraMagneticAL said:
the 2.2 L in the CL says "Honda" on it. it also is a a SOHC VTEC. the Honda tag makes me think its a F22 swap out.

but would the 2.3L DOHC make out to be better than a a 2.2L SOHC VTEC?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
AccordDeMikey said:
the 2.2 L in the CL says "Honda" on it. it also is a a SOHC VTEC. the Honda tag makes me think its a F22 swap out.

but would the 2.3L DOHC make out to be better than a a 2.2L SOHC VTEC?
it's not a swap. it's the same freaking car as an accord, but the CL has an acura badge on the outside where everyone can see it. acura is honda.

the h23 makes 15 more hp than the f22 AT THE CRANK...woopty doo...you can't even feel the difference. the 4ws is also a pretty heavy car compared to its prelude siblings due to the extra 4ws hardware (which, btw, is pretty useless on most american roads/parking lots).

if you think that i know this info from memory, i don't. i'm using google to find the info before i share it here. you can do the same ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thnx bro

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just thot you were a encyclopedia of conviniently helpful information

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.