Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2.3 honda in a 1.8 acura

789 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  mattliston 
#1 ·
Hi ,
New, here so I'm sorry if this has been beat to death. My daughter has 96 Integra ls, b18b1 engine, she ran it out of oil and broke a connecting rod and messed up the crank.
I have access to a 98accord with a 2.3 4cylinder auto. Can I ues the 2.3 shortblock, put her head , and 5 speed on it.
I'm still doing reseach so any help would be greatly appreciated

#2 ·
At least your honest about it :lol What you got is a B series engine thats broke. The 2.3 liter you speak of is whats referred to as the H series, H22, H23, and so on. There are expensive adapter plates that allow the mating of an H engine to a B series tranny, but if your set on this H engine, Your best bet is to leave it as simple as possible and find your self an H series or F series transmission. The H series is more copmmon to a honda prelude and the F series mroe commmon to an Accord, though both got the H series at one point. Google is good to use, you may want to look up wikip[edia, as they are good and list engine codes and what not, Rule of thumb, any part from a engine series is compatable within that series, for example, H22 head will fit on an H23 block, its actually a very common practice.

heres some sight for you to mosey over to

hondaswap.com
honda-tech.com

Let us know more details about this engine and what your plans are. Do realize that a B series motor will be easier and cheaper to get, as it will simply bolt right back in, whereas an H series requires getting new mounts, new axles, and a new ECU if your not feeling good about chipping your current one.

Awaiting your response

-Matt

#3 ·
In case you were wondering what the hell a F series is, its the lower power single cam version of the higher power dual cam H series. They bolt up on each other, such as H head on an F block. Its popular to use an F series transmision in perofrmance build as an F series tranny seems to be mroe reliable then an H series tranny

#4 ·
And damn me for not saying this sooner, your 96 LS is the DC chassis code, that should make it much easier to research with.

#6 ·
the 2.3L in the Accord is the F23A1 if it is the non-ULEV version, or it is the detuned F23A5 if the car is ULEV. There will be a huge green slab on the valve cover that says its ULEV, you can't miss it. The swap is possible but like matt said you should pair an h-series transmission with the motor.

#9 ·
he alreadygot his engine shit anmswered via PM
/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.