1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have a turbo charged 4cyl

did you forge your pistons?

bore the block?

how much boost are you running on the stock internals?

did you buy the kit, or buy the parts separate?

any problems?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Heres what one guy did.

Stinker’s Full F23 Build - everything-honda

F engines are known to hold up reliably at 220-240 hp when tuned correctly.

Boost is kind of misleading, because 10 lbs of boost at 120 degrees versus 160 degrees is a signifigant difference. Two people my both produce 10 lbs of boost with identical setups, but one may have a much better intercooling system, which would make more power.

You might want to check out the forced induction forum for turbos here: TurboCharger - Honda Forum / Acura Forum - SuperHonda.com

If you want some information on turbocharging use the search, I've made sereral posts with good info about turbocharging.

·
Registered
6 Posts
F23 Strong Motor

I been boosting for almost 3 years now on a turbonetics kit. With stock bottom end at 8 psi I dyno at 212whp 202wtq with a 12:1 air-fuel mixture. I use 93 octane gas I rise my boost to 10.5psi and took my exhaust out runing a open down pipe. Taking my car tomorrow to get dyno I hope I make 240whp!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet man, how much did that run you? and u have the inline 4? pushing 212whp?!?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
sweet man, how much did that run you? and u have the inline 4? pushing 212whp?!?
212whp isn't a lot...don't get super excited about that. there are other 4cyl motors that make quite a bit more...and they're NA.

but before you go boost happy, you should really look into what it all takes to run a turbo in a car that's not meant to be turbo.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
212whp isn't a lot...don't get super excited about that. there are other 4cyl motors that make quite a bit more...and they're NA.

but before you go boost happy, you should really look into what it all takes to run a turbo in a car that's not meant to be turbo.
you don't have to brag about me baby

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
note the end of the sentence. boost doesn't count ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
F23 Made More Power

Got my car dyno today I made 236WHP!!! 224WTQ!!! At 10PSI and open down pipe Iam vary happy with my numbers. The turbonetics kit was about $3,690 I will post my dyno shreet tomorrow.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hmmm... I have an inline 4 and guarantee you will get pwnt. Numbers aren't that great mate. Take it to the track and see where the bidness really sets.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
i'll boost in your mouth mister mod :p
HAHAHA, you crack me up.

I'm wondering where that Dyno sheet is @.

On a side note purchased MSD wires for 52 bucks instead of 80-90 from an autoparts store, only need everything else for the turbo setup... dammit.

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
On a side note purchased MSD wires for 52 bucks instead of 80-90 from an autoparts store, only need everything else for the turbo setup... dammit.
lmao.:lol

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
onehung2low; said:
did you forge your pistons?
:lol

kf4hoq; said:
Clayton...is that sheet for your truck?
shit no.. mine only makes 450/600. i was just chuckling @ the idea that 210 or whatever was a lot of power.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was wondering!! I got to looking at that and was like 'holy shit'!! That's a far cry from my '87 F250 with the old 6.9L non-turbo diesel with 185HP and 318LB-FT!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts