Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
its true...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712657

Well here is another rumor that i came across this weekend. While at Subaru dealer with a buddy, who was picking up his brand new '05 Legacy GT Limited (beautiful car), i was making chit chat with 3 salesmen, one who was a manager, and i asked them if they knew any faqs on the '06s. Well they all smirked at me and told me "brand new specs of the '06s". First off, the '06 STis as they put it will have " 400 HP and 390 ft.-lbs of torque to compete with the new Evo that suppposedly has around 400hp". They also stated that the standard WRX will have 270 HP out of the 2.5 liter block to compete with the standard Evos.

Not only that, one salesman had "a VF34 with no EM and was pushing close to 300 HP, and will have 400hp once he gets a UTEC Flash, not that whole computer system..." which last time i checked isn't a product.

You gotta love dealerships... always good for a laugh.

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
phrancis said:
Holy *&%[email protected]#! I hope thats true. And I hope they dont have that alfa romeo looking front too. I better start saving my $. Any word on a price increase?
It probably will have that alfa romeo front, but on the plus side...prices shouldn't go up that much i would think. Probably a grand at most.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
5.0 said:
It probably will have that alfa romeo front, but on the plus side...prices shouldn't go up that much i would think. Probably a grand at most.
i am expecting the price to go up by $3-$4 grand. the current price is about $23k. if they keep the price at $24 or $25k, then whers the STi? why pay $35k for the STi when you can get almost the same thing for less?

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
divinewisdom said:
i am expecting the price to go up by $3-$4 grand. the current price is about $23k. if they keep the price at $24 or $25k, then whers the STi? why pay $35k for the STi when you can get almost the same thing for less?
3-4 grand is a bit drastic from one model year to another don't you think? I think so.

If the WRX is to get a bumb to 270 horses, the STi will need a bumb to 320hp minimum.

When it comes to pricing, a lot of it will be content. Just look at the EVO. 27k for an RS to 35k for an MR, and all have the same hp rating. Why pay 35k for an MR when you can get an RS for 27k or the regular EVO for 30k? I think the WRX can be priced around 25k, and still justify having an STi if they can keep certain things (like 6spd tranny, higher output motor, more standard feature and equipment, better suspension/brake/wheels, etc...) exclusive to the STi.

I hope they don't add 3k-4k.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
ugly but darn fast

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
animosity said:
why..are they required to have a production car with a 2.0 liter engine to enter?
yea they need the engine to meet FIA homologation. the FIA requires that all the WRC cars must originate from its 4-seater road version and must be made available to the general public, at least 25,000 must be produced.
yea the engine has to be 2.0L.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well that was the old rule. The new rule is that a homologated WRC car has only have to be based on the road going car. The manufacturer thus doesn't require to produce homologation cars. Therefore it doesn't matter whether the road going car have or doesn't have 2 liter or AWD (aka Peugeot 307 and/or Citroen Xsara) or whether or not it look closely the road going car yet carry similar resemblance (aka Lancer Evolution WRC and Subaru WRC2005).

Otherwise, we would've seen TONS of WRC replicas on the street by now (just like in the Group B days). Mitsubishi did that with the EVO series thru VII but ultimately because of the regulation design limit of what now considered to be a Group N car, they ended up abandoned that program and came up with the 04 program.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.