Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious... is there a motherboard that will allow me to run two AMD CPU's on a single motherboard?

Basically what I am trying to do is combine my two computers into one.
Problem is, both work great now, and I was thinking it'd be something to put both to work if possible. I seriously doubt it because they're two different types of AMD processors.

1 is a AMD XP 1500+
1 is a AMD Athlon 64 3000+

I am planning on merging to one CPU anyway, would it be best to upgrade the speed or just simply MAX out on memory? I am not sure how much memory my MB supports, is there a way to check before I upgrade it to hell??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Running 2 DIFFERENT Cpus on 1 dual cpu compatible mobo is usually a recipe for disaster.

Your best bet is to sell both and upgrade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm getting a computer with Dual core processor for multitasking. I think I'm getting AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-62 Dual Core Processor. ALWAYS go with AMD duo core processor because when I seen that one test between Intel duo core and AMD duo core with duo cores processor, AMD won the match, because it have better quality then Intel. Intel just speed process on making the processor fast with quality of proformance.

But Intel beat Amd with Mobile computer ( laptop computers)

Link here: http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7-6389077-9.html

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Umm...you guys have no idea whatsoever what you're talking about, do you?

The current Intel processors (Core duo, Core duo 2) outperform AMD in every respect...even price.

not to mention the FX-62 is pretty much the worst bang for the buck processor.

·
Registered
12,534 Posts
gurusan said:
Umm...you guys have no idea whatsoever what you're talking about, do you?

The current Intel processors (Core duo, Core duo 2) outperform AMD in every respect...even price.

not to mention the FX-62 is pretty much the worst bang for the buck processor.
then how can you explain that review that was posted

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
That review is between socket 939 and pentium 4 class processors.

We all know AMD whoops P4s ass.

However, he was referring to the FX-62 which is socket AM2 .....AMD's next gen processor...and AM2 is no different than a socket 939 except it has a slightly modified memory controller.

However...Intels next gen chip...the Core Duo/Core 2 Duo is without a doubt on top of AMD.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
05 tC said:
Yep and here is the latest review from Toms Hardware.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/07/14/core2_duo_knocks_out_athlon_64/index.html

Gotta love the Zidane\AMD pic on the first page :lol

Absolutely and completely. I've been watching (unhappily, because I've always loved AMD) Intel slowly take ownership over the market ever since AMD decided to put stops on their processors for overclocking. There is no argument though, the Intel chips have come a very long way, while AMD chips have been lagging behind, while catching up quickly in price. For those of you who are absolute die-hard AMD fans, best of luck to you, I hope you enjoy your delusions that it's faster/better/leeter or whatever. For those of you who really want the best in performance, the core duo or core 2 duo is really the way to go. If given the choice, though, avoid the pentium D 9** series, and go with the 8** series. VIIV is a mess, and actually ends up slowing your PC down considerably (unless you use the Media Center program primarily).

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Oh, and just so everyone knows, we just got our first shipment of the AMD Turion 64x2 laptops from Compaq. They're fairly disappointing, I'm sorry to say. Core Duo t2300 seems to be the best bang for the buck, especially the HP upper-class series laptops.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.