Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 96 ex coupe and want to put legend 2 pston calipers on. i currently have power stop stock size rotors after throwing my piece of aem shit big brake rotors out, and want to know if i need to upsize rotors again to do the legend caliper swap or are they just direct fit bolt on?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
you will need accord wagon rotors since the legend calipers require 11 inch rotors.

be aware that bleeding your brakes could possibly be a problem since legend calipers are trailing edge calipers and rotating them to be leading edge calipers places the bleed bolt at the bottom of the caliper rather than the top where it belongs.

·
Registered
115 Posts
you need to upgrade to an adjustable proportioning valve too now taht you've added all this extra power in the front, so that the rear wheels can also do some stopping. The idea is to balance upgrades in the front and the rear, otherwise you'll throw off the bias tremendously, and therefore actually hurt your stopping distances. Note: even though it'll feel like you have more break power. $50 from summit, but I believe you need two of them (one for each wheel in the rear).

- Nathan

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info uncel_el. nsx calipers.......hummmmm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.