Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola. I've got a 1990 honda crx with a new engine. I'm boosting it,finally-i said it six months ago and then i suddenly ran out of funds. But anyway-If i opt to use hondata(s200?) will i need to use a different FPR,injectors,FP? or will the ecu use what its got, unlike the S-afc method which was what i was planning before, but decided to just pay the man and have some safe(er) HP.

Also, will non-mandrel bent IC piping cost me enough flow to restrict a large amount of horsepower? or Will crush bent work OK with the low boost?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
mrfun101 said:
Hola. I've got a 1990 honda crx with a new engine. I'm boosting it,finally-i said it six months ago and then i suddenly ran out of funds. But anyway-If i opt to use hondata(s200?) will i need to use a different FPR,injectors,FP? or will the ecu use what its got, unlike the S-afc method which was what i was planning before, but decided to just pay the man and have some safe(er) HP.

Also, will non-mandrel bent IC piping cost me enough flow to restrict a large amount of horsepower? or Will crush bent work OK with the low boost?

Thanks.
make sure you get s200 with boost option. you can use your factory fuel delivery for your stock engine. which size turbo are you getting? i wouldnt go over 7 psi or so on stock injectors, but even if you do, you wouldnt need antyhing larger than like 290cc. it will use the ecu you have. have it professionally chipped and socketed at the place you have it dynotuned. s-afc/v-afc are typically used on obd2 cars because they cant be chipped. youre better off getting a real tune. maybe get some colder plugs.

i dont see why crushed bent piping would restrict airflow too much, but you can buy IC/IC piping kits..its not that expensive to just get regular piping that isnt crush bent.

allocate some extra $ to anticipate anything you didnt foresee buying, and expect some downtime. for now, just read about turbos until youre quite confident installing it yourself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.