Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Yeah

4400 to go from small lobe to mid, then 5800 from mid to high. The most noticeable difference is at 4400. The "VVIS" Variable Volume Induction System" also activates at 5800, basicly your intake manifold butterfly valve opens then and lets the air go though the short-runners.

· Registered
66 Posts
Look at some cams

If you look at a set of cams (I have a set of SiR 2's sitting on my desk right now resting on the cam gears-- the difference from the small lobe to the mid lobe is much more significant than the mid to primary lobe.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
We're talking about feeling here right? I feel my car surging forward at 5800rpm and not 4400. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but thats what I'm feeling.

I've also heard my cousin saying that his car sounds a whole lot louder at that point. He has a different setup than me.

· Registered
461 Posts
4400 to go from small lobe to mid, then 5800 from mid to high. The most noticeable difference is at 4400. The "VVIS" Variable Volume Induction System" also activates at 5800, basicly your intake manifold butterfly valve opens then and lets the air go though the short-runners.
Acurabro is right on this one, the GS-R has a dual stage intake manifold, unlike the ls and type-r which only has a single stage intake manifold, at 4400 vtec engages and when you hit 5800 the butterflies open allowing my air to pass through, creating the loud sound and depending on the setup the sound can be pretty loud

· Registered
405 Posts
GSR VTEC engagement is at 5600rpm. there is no hi or lo engagement. at 4400 there is more air flow so it seems like vtec engaged but it didnt. Easiest way to tell, remove the intake and drive and listen to the engine, air flow wont change the sound but when the vtec hits . . . youll know.

· Registered
66 Posts
NO

Maybe if you're driving a Civic EX, but in the DOHC VTEC Camp, there are 3 seprate and different cam lobes Per 2 valves. So you're saying that one of the lobes and corresponding rocker arms is there for no use but dead weight? Me thinks you on crack. Type R is Single runner intake manifold. Don't post things unless you know what you're talking about.

· Registered
44 Posts
I really hate when people post and have no idea what they are talking about. IcemanGSR, contrary to what you believe, everyone else is right. The Type R does NOT have a dual intake manifold, and VTEC hits at 4400 rpm secondary butterflies in the intake manifold open at 5800spm.

· Registered
461 Posts
Maybe if you're driving a Civic EX, but in the DOHC VTEC Camp, there are 3 seprate and different cam lobes Per 2 valves. So you're saying that one of the lobes and corresponding rocker arms is there for no use but dead weight? Me thinks you on crack. Type R is Single runner intake manifold. Don't post things unless you know what you're talking about.
AcuraBro, article was just to show when VTEC engaged for the GS-R since everyone had their interpretation on the whole subject

· Registered
55 Posts
jujubee said:
I really hate when people post and have no idea what they are talking about. IcemanGSR, contrary to what you believe, everyone else is right. The Type R does NOT have a dual intake manifold, and VTEC hits at 4400 rpm secondary butterflies in the intake manifold open at 5800spm.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!

· Registered
405 Posts
you know what I hate jujubee? smart ass people who like to shoot their mouths off. did that make you feel better being an asshole? you could maybe say "hey man whoever told you that was wrong".

I admit I was wrong. I heard the ITR had a dual stage IM and I looked it up after replying to this post. It doesn't. My apologies.

This board is for asking questions and learning, not for doggin on other people. Maybe you should think about that. as for how the VTEC works read the rest of the posts. looks to me like a lot of people either agree with me or arent sure. I voiced my opinions based on my knowledge limited as it may be. you dont like it . . . fine. dont reply to any of my posts.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
HondaTegGSR said:
... unlike the ls and type-r which only has a single stage intake manifold...
What does the LS have? I didn't know it has some engagement device like VTEC in its IM?

IcemanGSR, its okay to post up your opinion, but make sure you say you are not sure about it or something. If you are not sure like you say that you are, don't just say that things is the way it is becasue other people will start flaming you.

If I were in your shoes I would have added that I think its right, but I'm not sure instead of stating that its true when if fact its not.

· Registered
125 Posts
IcemanGSR said:
This board is for asking questions and learning, not for doggin on other people. .
Amen :D, i need boars like this cause i don't no crap about cars :cry: but id like to learn

· Registered
1,633 Posts
True, but his first post sounded he was talking like he knew what he was saying. He should have said that was what he heard or what he thinks. Not that it activates at so and so point in the RPM. If you give false info, at least say you are not sure. That way no one will dog on you or flame on you. If you don't then its your own fault for assuming what you said was correct.

For example, if I said this:

The GSR has 142hp stock and ITR has 170hp stock.

Everyone will be doggin on me like I don't know shit and for giving false info.

But if I said this:

I think the GSR has 142hp stock and the ITR has 170hp stock.

... or

I'm not sure but I think the GSR has 142hp and the ITR has 170hp stock.

At least I'll will be safe in knowing that someone else will correct me when they found out I was wrong. If you are not sure, say so. If you don't then people will start talking shit.

And don't be talking shit when someone correct you. Just admit it and end your post. Don't do around starting shit. If you're wrong, just stand corrected and don't be an ass.

If you say this is a learning board, then just keep learning and keep it that way. Attacking people will only make you look more stupid when you were wrong in the first place.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.