Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi me again peoplezx, I want your honest and (hopefuly) helpful opinions about my new up coming proyect. what I'm trying to do is built/own the faster All-motor Accord sedan (at least in the caribbeans; not a lot of competition compare to the US) I have an 00 Accord (sedan) I also have a 02 Acura's TL 3.2 SOCH VTEC engine seating in my garage for a few weeks now (I purchase that engine cause someone told me it would fit right at home in an Accord; something I'm really not sure yet, and that it would be more than enough; ofcourse with the tricks, to make some real power and make good times on the track) I honestly don't know much about this engine, (all I DO know is B, D, H(F) ZC, K series, but J series, it's not really my thing) I just want the best for my Accord (with the times in the track) The first opcion (the original opcion) was a H23 (H23 below & H22 VTEC above) I really think the a H series itzx the way to go on the car, but that's where you all come in with your opinions... Thankz in advance for your help people, I really appreciate it...

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
how can it be you again when this is your number 1 post :D

read the H22 faq in the stickies and most of your answers are covered. search will prevent you from being char-broiled

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
if you can get the TL motor in and get a 6MT, you'd have an awesome setup.

3.2L >> 2.2L
240hp > 200hp

it only makes sense to put the bigger engine in...plus you'll benifit from all that torque!

·
Registered
772 Posts
i thought it was the CL type S engine that fit in the accord not the TL?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
the CL and the TL were the same...only the CL got the 6spd though.

·
Registered
772 Posts
isn't the 6 speed better though?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
Accord02Type-R said:
isn't the 6 speed better though?
no, both motors were the same....you can put the 6spd on the TL motor if you wanted to.

·
Registered
772 Posts
thats what i meant, isn't the 6 speed transmission better

Reactions: mad-ass
1 - 9 of 9 Posts