Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im 17 and we got a 2000 accord lx 4 banger. i wanna get a lude or sumtin and mod it but then im on my own and i realy dont got the cash right now. but i can get the accord free from dad since no 1 drives it. i wanna know if its worth modding. keep in mind i gotta compete against friends.
(supercgarged s2k,fully built motor talon, dodge stealth awd,srt-4, and 400whp 300zx) i dont want to wreck the hell out of them but i do want to hav a car that can look nice and keep up with them on the thru way. ne ideas on wut to do first after intake and exhaust?

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
if youve gotta compete with cars like that... you have no chance in an accord... but take it anyways cause its free

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
man what kind of friends do you have? Lottery winners or something? Anyways take the Accord, its a nice ride, smooth, comfortable, and decent power, besides speed isn't everything. :)

·
Registered
868 Posts
TSXmike said:
if youve gotta compete with cars like that... you have no chance in an accord... but take it anyways cause its free
yeah, if you do an h22/lsd swap, crazy build and turbo and ]\/[ad nos :D , maybe... ask your friends for some financial help, seems like they got it! you're talking big money, but that's true for just about any car to try and compete with your friends, so keep your accord cuz it's free, and figure what you like. g/l racing your friends!

·
Registered
887 Posts
]\/[UGEN_K1D said:
ok im 17 and we got a 2000 accord lx 4 banger. i wanna get a lude or sumtin and mod it but then im on my own and i realy dont got the cash right now. but i can get the accord free from dad since no 1 drives it. i wanna know if its worth modding. keep in mind i gotta compete against friends.
(supercgarged s2k,fully built motor talon, dodge stealth awd,srt-4, and 400whp 300zx) i dont want to wreck the hell out of them but i do want to hav a car that can look nice and keep up with them on the thru way. ne ideas on wut to do first after intake and exhaust?
Yea see, get a big muffler, make sure it makes a lot of noise too. A big wing would be a good start, neons and stikers are known to bring it up a good 5hp or so. Make sure you always take it always into the redline, if a manual, dont stop at a 6,250rpm cuz you have just begun. See 150hp Honda motors gain a good 250hp in the red so you would do just fine;) . I'm sorry, is this a joke?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
get a bat and go at it on your friend's cars.....then get a can of gasoline and dump it all over their cars and set it on fire.....you'll be able to compete w/ them after that :tu

oh and remember, kids....street racing is for ****** pussy ricers!!!!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FlySly54 said:
Yea see, get a big muffler, make sure it makes a lot of noise too. A big wing would be a good start, neons and stikers are known to bring it up a good 5hp or so. Make sure you always take it always into the redline, if a manual, dont stop at a 6,250rpm cuz you have just begun. See 150hp Honda motors gain a good 250hp in the red so you would do just fine;) . I'm sorry, is this a joke?
lmao!! ya i just bought a whole bunch of stickers from walmart today that ima slap on the car. and ima do better then bigg muffler, i just bought my self a tip and ima slap that bad boy on lol.but i was thinking for real. kelly blue book said i can sell for 9grand u think i can buy a del sol and a b18 for 9 grand?? how much do those motors run for? is the type r more a b18 also? wuts the diff wuts better and how much would it cost? thanx

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
del sol's are heavy as fuck

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
TSXmike said:
but theyre fun
there are a lot better cars out there than the del slow

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
buahhaha
Prolly not gonna keep it after this eh?
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205526

]\/[UGEN_K1D said:
:cry yesterday i hit a car with my accord. ya my only car. and it wasnt my fault. this lady did this nasty roll back on her standerd and i moved up alittle not know cuz it was green. no damage to her car but i got this huge ass crack on my front bumper. also she want me to pay for ne bumper for her cuz it has like these 2 lil paint chip and maybe part of bumper. just putting up this post to tell u guys. and also did u guys hav touble getting on this site sum times? like lately?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
take the accord since it's free, definetly. safe, reliable, quiet, good mileage, etc. Then... save your money up a little and buy like a 93 fox body mustang with the 5.0 and 5spd and with very little money you'll have that thing walking your friends cars. Just one of many options of course, but I know from owning a couple mustangs that the 5.0's are cheapily modded cars that respond very well to mods, and the fox body's are usually found for pretty cheap... that way you don't break the car that gets you to school and work.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya all i need to get is new front bumper after i hit that lady. and i wanna stick to imports cuz they tend to b cheaper to insure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts