Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any idea? the clutch still seems good, only when i release the clutch it makes this noise, when i push it in, it doesn't make any noise.. its annoying, if its anything big, its been doing this for about 2 months.. its an original clutch, has 110k on the car...

·
Registered
388 Posts
does it make the noise when in gear?
in nuetral only?
sounds like the throw out bearing/ release bearing in the transmission if its a constant rotation noise

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as far as i know it only happens everytime i release my clutch during a drive or while i'm backing out. the gears don't grind, nothing else sounds funny, only when i release my clutch is when the noise happens..

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
do you feel any sort of added resistance or a "rough spot" in the clutch pedal travel? I had the same thing happening on mine, ended up the release fork was bent out of shape slightly and it was rubbing. But I definatley felt it in clutch travel. It could just need to be regreased, especially if the boot is cracked or popped off, it lets dirt and moisture into the tranny housing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
that weird....i just installed a new release bearing on my clutch . it has about 11 miles on it... and when i let the clutch out it makes a higher pitched creaking noise, but not when the clutch is in?

·
Registered
23 Posts
it does it at idle and it is deff. something to do with something in the clutch houseing of the tranny...it feels like the release bearing because the screetching or creaking noise differs when applying different amounts of pressure on the clutch pedal

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
ok, verify if the noise happens with the car off and you are just pushing the peddle down and it returns.

does it happen?

second, have someone listen to engine bay. does it sound like the noise is at the release fork?

honda has a special hi temp grease called UREA grease for this. it's a pita to apply it properly without removing the trans. if your lucky the noise is just where the slave cylinder contacts the fork on the outside of the tranny.

is it coming from the clutch master cylinder?

if the noise happens only with the car running:

release bearing is noisy only with the clutch is depressed halfway(most noticable at this point)

input shaft bearing is noisy only with the clutch released, vehicle running, in neutral.

pilot bearing is noisy only with the clutch depressed all the way to the floor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.