Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going for an F-17 look lol. next up is some tint. Im looking for a spansor in new england to paint my car. I go to the dragstip everyfriday and know ALOT of people :). [email protected] if your interested in some kind of sponsorship for me, consider the whole car open for any decals that you pay for on it. E-mail me for other details or requests you have.

sorry for hugenes but I dont know how to post up thumbnails or anything like that.

any suggestions are welcome, also anyideas of sponsorships are AWSOME thanks :).

the plans:

-need rear toe+camber kit
-Timing belt+cam gear install
-Clutch(nnneded BAD this one slips on I/H/E lol)
-All gauges Im thinking, boost, oil water temp,oil pressure, wideband.
-oil cooler and oil filter relocation
-need to replace a busted motor mount and finish puting in my ES mounts.

then start my turbo

the T plans
SSAC mani(I have a welder friend this thing will be braced to fuck lol)
JC whitnet for DP and IC pipes.
gona tackelt the DP and have friend weld it(all flanges and flex section from http://www.roadraceengineering.com/)
Stelth mod for oil feed/return
tap my y8 pan or is $$ is abundand maroso pan for like 8 quarts of oil after the cooler ect lol
ebay BOV, turbo is internaly gated
I already have a p06 converted to p28 and chipped, Im gona have 5speed4life setup all dataloging via a cable for 45 bucks(includes the WB

·
Registered
205 Posts
looks good, but like everything else it could be better..

1. Get a 99-00 Si OEM rear spoiler.

2. Get better Rims black on black isn't good on a show car.

3. What no interior plans? :eek ditch the turbo plans and use the money
for interior mods. Recaro Seats, Dash, carpet, steering wheel, pedals, shift knob/shift boot maybe some JDM climate control/goodies will be good.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for dugestion man, Im going to get Si lip and Spoiler soon :). this is definetly NOT a show car, I mstriping the interion. I have no trunk liner or spare ect.

have striped all AC and PS shit. I was planing on geting some nicer seats tho, these suck ass and dont look racey at al. I was thinking black w/ red accents Megan seats(price is best) and some Takata green belts then I would completley remove the back seats for a roll/harness bar.

I have a OEM leather boot butthats about it for intereior. white faced guages and pedals came with car.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
charliemopps24 said:
Hey man, i remember seeing your ride on sohchonda. I thought it looked uber clean then and i still do. Awesome sleeper theme you've got going on :clap .
thanks man update on the car:

Im puting in a camber and toe kit and Im alos doing a rear disc conversion on the car for an even cleaner look. once I get the car runing well Ill do a front lip im thinking mugen :).

Ive also fabricated a rear H brace to stiffen up the chassy a tad. I have a thred in the civic forum with progress pics.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
charliemopps24 said:
That H-brace idea is ingenius, i like it. What'r you calling honda for?
it is a good idea. im gonna go take some measurments soon. lovin the coupe bro, but its no sedan. ;) haha just kidding man. the black stealth look is sweet and im sure itll look even better with the lip on it.

oh yeah, what kinda of suspension are you running?

·
Registered
912 Posts
speedjunky01 said:
have striped all AC and PS shit. I was planing on geting some nicer seats tho, these suck ass and dont look racey at al. I was thinking black w/ red accents Megan seats(price is best) and some Takata green belts then I would completley remove the back seats for a roll/harness bar.
your going to pay up for takata harnesses but skimp out on megan seats? that aint right.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gnar_kill32 said:
your rear drums are fugly(sorry). Get a disc brake conversion from an integra.
i cant wait to get some Takata Harnesses.
I will have a read disk conversion finished tomorow :)

the seats wont snap for sure since I plan on making my own brackets using the stock sliders, 1/4" steel and welding :). takana harness are EXPENSIVE as fuck I think ill go with either impact or simpson. they are proven to work so why not.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
charliemopps24 said:
That H-brace idea is ingenius, i like it. What'r you calling honda for?
yea the brace worked out very well. I was looking around on pasword JDM and EM racing is seling one but not even an H brace just a bar for 125+ shipping :wow . I made mine for 55 bucks and I bet it works better seeing how it ties into 4 places not two.plus its solid no heim joints.

PS: I got the idea from non other then Honda, the Integra R had it in the 98 spec models I belive.
Im calling honda because of how to TQ down the crank pulley bolt, helms(writen by honda) says 14lbs and 90* extra turn, alldata says 130ish ftlbs of tq.

riceboy89 said:
it is a good idea. im gonna go take some measurments soon.
the mesurements are: 37 1/2" for the length of bth of the bars. I used 1" sqare tubing and crushed the ends by using a BBQ grill(look for my other thred I say how I made it.) then after crushing the bar 5 3/4" in fron the edge I drilled a 1/2" hole about 1/2" in from the edge9I drilled 2 so I could move it left/right a little.) then I used the leftover tubing from cuting the bars to length to make the conecting bars(those were 2 1/16" long). then I bolted the two bars down and fully TQ the bolts down(ends will bend a little bit). then I slid the cross bars in(took a tad of filing down) then using C clamps I held the pice about 8" in. I also used a square to make sure verything was nice and square. then I tacked it in and released the claps. Iwelded as much as I could in the car so heat wouldnt distort the bar. then I removed it and placed it in a vice and tightened it down again so heat wouldnt twist it up.

once I finish welded it I painted it x2 and poped the fucker in! I know it has to do SOMETHING why would honda engenires put it in the type R if they saw no promise in it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.