Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Joel and im a newly registered member of this forum. This will be my first post.

I have been searching for a community of people with a wide range of knowledge and wisdom of Honda's, and I think I found the right place.

I recently purchased my first Honda a 2000 Honda Accord EX. I bought it thru an online auction site for cheap, drove it off the lot and took it to the dealer and had it get a basic tuneup.

The only things the car was missing was the center radio console, the rear view mirror and an original tire + rim and I bought original parts in auction sites online.

People I know have mentioned that I need to change all kinds of things; ranging from belts to pipes and even gasoline filters. The car runs fine. But I did experience something awkward. When the car was idle, the engine sounded funny and made the car tremble as if it was running out of gas. I parked the car, and when I tried to restart it... it took 2-3 tries (something that never happened before) later that night the check engine light turned on for two days, then the next morning the check light turned off and no other problems.

I know these are a lot of questions, but I don't have another source of information and im really broke and can't afford the $89 dollar fee just for a mechanic to plug in a machine to tell me what might be wrong with it.

Thanks in advance

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
just search and think before you post and you'll be cool. do not ask questions like

:how do i make more power with my car
:how much psi can i run
: what turbo is best for my car

do not misspell vtec or make vtec out to be like some gift from the gods. it really isn't that special.

and welcome

· Registered
496 Posts
just search and think before you post and you'll be cool. do not ask questions like

:how do i make more power with my car
:how much psi can i run
: what turbo is best for my car

do not misspell vtec or make vtec out to be like some gift from the gods. it really isn't that special.

and welcome
see, told yall bastards id catch up lol. but to the original poster we aren't being assholes. everybody gets the google response with general questions.

· Registered
3,077 Posts
Read, until your mind is gone, then read some more the next day. In a year you'll realize it was worth it.
Stickeys are your friend.
People will most likely bash you for Ebaying replacement parts that are not name brand.
Parts are not expensive if you know how to look and be patient, many times a PM on forums will get you great deals.
If you ask for resource pages that we can find on google in less than 1 minuite you will get flamed.

You can usually ask questions through PM's and get advice rather than getting flamed if you do have a "stupid question".
Oh, 1 more thing. Welcome to SHO.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
Read, until your mind is gone, then read some more the next day. In a year you'll realize it was worth it.
Stickeys are your friend.
People will most likely bash you for Ebaying replacement parts that are not name brand.
Parts are not expensive if you know how to look and be patient, many times a PM on forums will get you great deals.
If you ask for resource pages that we can find on google in less than 1 minuite you will get flamed.

You can usually ask questions through PM's and get advice rather than getting flamed if you do have a "stupid question".
Oh, 1 more thing. Welcome to SHO.
but most of our members can't read to begin with, and the ones that can don't really have a mind...so your point is null and void

· Registered
3,077 Posts
I try, I do mindless slave labor work all day. Gotta show it.

· Registered
3,077 Posts
I'd love to, and weekends fit my schedule really well, cause i work mon-thur, but this weeks check is to the house payment :/

I could do a road trip in 2 weeks.. maybe like weekend of the 21st.

· Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
now for a real tech response:

engine sounds funny at idle? try adjusting the idle via the idle control screw

clean out the injectors

adjust timing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.