Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and was trying to see if anyone can share their knowledge about Honda with me as I have a technical problem that needs to be addressed.

The other day in the cold weather my "engine light" came on and did not go away. It did this briefly last winter and the car was taken to the mechanic he checked the computer and the car and reset it and the light stayed off.

This year I was told it is probably the cold . I took it in anyways and the computer was reset and the light turned off.
"ECM/PCM internal fault, cleared if problem persists will require PCM replacement."

The next the light was back on and the car drives fine. What could be going on and what must I do and how expensive is this?

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
I think the cold just temporarily goofs things up. My Integra did it too, and it only came on once or twice in the cold, and nothing ran poorly or anything. I think its because my ECU was Reset in the summer, and not winter.

·
Registered
754 Posts
quick bit of advice buy a scan tool for your car and scan it yourself way cheaper, also get a repair manual so you can read the scan codes and repair as needed.

·
Registered
413 Posts
'99 Civic did it as well

My wife’s '99 Civic EX did this also. It is usually due to an emissions valve. I replaced it in hers and never came back again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts