Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyopne know what the difference is between the 99-00 si tranny compared to the 94-97 delsol vtec tranny? I noticed that they had different transmission codes. The del sol is y21 and the si is sc4. What's the difference?

· Registered
4 Posts
I just did an LS swap into my 96 civic and I put the Y21 tranny in and boy does it have a short gear ratio. I am in 3rd gear at 4k rpm at 40 mph and cruising on highway in 5th gear at 70 mph I am at 4krpm but at 100mph I am at 5krpm good for street racing though. I know it is teh same gear ratio as an integra type r except either first or 5th gear is more aggressive. I like it though you just have to shift a lot. just tellin ya my experience in case your deciding what tranny to put in.

· Registered
12 Posts
i know that si trannys are pretty good...actually i heard that they're great. but then, if si trannys and the del sol trannys are similar...del sol trannys are good for swapping also??

· Registered
276 Posts
onesunkcivic said:
I just did an LS swap into my 96 civic and I put the Y21 tranny in and boy does it have a short gear ratio. I am in 3rd gear at 4k rpm at 40 mph and cruising on highway in 5th gear at 70 mph I am at 4krpm but at 100mph I am at 5krpm good for street racing though. I know it is teh same gear ratio as an integra type r except either first or 5th gear is more aggressive. I like it though you just have to shift a lot. just tellin ya my experience in case your deciding what tranny to put in.
same thing but a different 5th gear....I don't think people do much racing in 5th gear:D

· Registered
2 Posts
1-4 gears are the same

Del sol 5th 0.848
99+ Si 5th 0.875

Del sol FD 4.400
99+ Si FD 4.266

MadtownHonda what is the difference between those ratios? What differences will am I supposed to see? I had a y21 tranny b4 and i broke it so i went ahead and got a 99Si now on my b16

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.