Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help would be appreciated!

I have a 2001 Honda Accord Coupe 4 banger Vtec with around 90K on it. Fully stock with no mods and in no wrecks. The rear drivers suspension now makes a popping sound anytime the car is going over 10mph and hits a bump. The shock still feels firm with no hyd. leaking. The spring still looks fine along with the rubber top hat (no visible cracking). I can press the rear of the car down with my body weight (215 lb) and if I shake the car rapidly (down between 3-4) inch I can hear the popping noise occur. I am very good under the hood but that is it as far as my expertise goes, I never really mess around with other mods (keeps me out of jail). The guys at honda's service shop have always given me more headaches and an empty wallet. Any help like I said would be greatly appreciated! :eek

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problem Solved

Ended up being a problem from the factory. One of the bolts in the rear suspension has not been inserted correctly from the factory. How do I know this....the car has never had any work done to the rear. Pretty sad that a honda assembly tech could have cross-threaded that bad and and applied that much force to make it look "good enough". At least it lasted and drove for this long before the problem was evident....I certainly am glad I never have pushed the car that bad or I could have had a little accident.

Thanks for looking guys

1 - 2 of 2 Posts