Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car has 82k miles. i really like this car and there are no good small hatchbacks in the USA (except GOLF, i don't like so much)

would it be worthy to upgrade struts/springs to aftermarket ?
what brand/model ?

i don't want to lower the car, i'm only wondering if i can get similar feel as driving 2008 Subaru outback for example. the suspension just feels so much nicer. i wonder it it's because my car is old and the suspension progressed so much or i can just upgrade.

i had the car inspected my firestone - the factory struts have no leak and all seems fine.
just the feel is far from newer cars.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
car has 82k miles. i really like this car and there are no good small hatchbacks in the USA (except GOLF, i don't like so much)

would it be worthy to upgrade struts/springs to aftermarket ?
what brand/model ?

i don't want to lower the car, i'm only wondering if i can get similar feel as driving 2008 Subaru outback for example. the suspension just feels so much nicer. i wonder it it's because my car is old and the suspension progressed so much or i can just upgrade.

i had the car inspected my firestone - the factory struts have no leak and all seems fine.
just the feel is far from newer cars.
Most Honda struts will last over 100,000K and won't be worn out at 80K.

A Subaru Outback will have a suspension ride that is less harsh. Part of it has to do with the wheelbase, it's longer than the Civic.

Replacing your Civic with OEM struts will give you a factory ride. Most struts that are an upgrade will tighten up the suspension for a sportier ride. There are air suspension kits out there, but I don't know anything about them.

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
Most Honda struts will last over 100,000K and won't be worn out at 80K.

A Subaru Outback will have a suspension ride that is less harsh. Part of it has to do with the wheelbase, it's longer than the Civic.

Replacing your Civic with OEM struts will give you a factory ride. Most struts that are an upgrade will tighten up the suspension for a sportier ride. There are air suspension kits out there, but I don't know anything about them.
to lower it on air and actually have it low requires a lot of money and work. if the OP has deep pockets and can fab up new struts all around, thats what I would do.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Suspension

Go with coil overs. You can choose a comfortable spring rate, and control the hiegth. Tein, BC, and a few others would be a good choice. Don't go cheap.

·
Darth Chinko
29,826 Posts
Go with coil overs. You can choose a comfortable spring rate, and control the hiegth. Tein, BC, and a few others would be a good choice. Don't go cheap.
i wouldn't get any of those if a factory feel is what you want. koni yellow with gc sleeves... fyi civics have coilovers from the factory.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts