Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Honda Acoord and ive had a problem for about a week and it has to do with my radio and lights not working. I wanted to change my factory radio to an aftermarket Alpine but didnt work out like i planned. somehow everything was working and then i guess a wire touched some metel when i was doing the wiring now my front dash lights dont work for the speedometer and my back tail lights dont work only the break lights will show.I've checked all the fuses none of them are broken or cracked, fuses under the sterring column and under the hood are all are fine. i even got the code for my radio from the dealer just incase the security code was needed and placed my factory unit back in like before nothing turns on? please guys this is the only place i can turn to i dont have any ideas of what elese to do.ive disconected the battery cables and touched them together like someone eles told me. i need help please. dont want to get a ticket.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
you need to buy a multimeter and go looking for shorts. my bet is you probably melted a wire before the fuse could even trip.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Thats the most common thing people do when installing decks. They touch wires and the backup fuse blows. Check your engine bay for the backup radio fuse. It controls the radio and the interior lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.