Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

2002 Porsche Gemballa 911 GTR 650

2K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  Danman1116 
#1 ·
For 2002 it looks like Porsche tuner, Uwe Gemballa, has tweaked his ulitmate creation, the GTR 600. As the name would suggest, this 996 turbo based conversion pumps out 650 horsepower!

The overall package is much the same as the GTR 600, with 380mm brakes, a sports suspension and of course a severe turbo & intercooler upgrades. This year, with the absence of 911 GT3 cars, the conversion is performed on the 996 Turbo model. Although, I am sure if you have an extra GT3 or GT2 kicking around Uwe would be happy to upgrade your car.

What sets the new 650 appart from last year's model is a major styling upgrade. As seen in the images above, the Gemballa design team has introduced new air intakes on the side of the car and a stylish spoiler which still dynamically adjusts like Porsche Turbo's orginal version.

No word on performance figures yet, but I expect this car will soon be lapping Nurburgring to beat the record held by the 600 GTR.

Configurations: Aluminum, Water Cooled, Flat-6, 4 Valves per Cyl w/VVT & Variable Intake Manifold. This baby makes 650.0 bhp, but no timing was available, dont worry, it's probably in the 3 to 4 second range for 0-60mph.

See less See more
#3 ·
yeah supercars.net is pretty reliable. The members on that board are all mullet camero/sunfire drivers, but nonetheless the moderator(s) do an excellent job. Did you know they're charging you now to view extra pics, something like $33 annual membership. I dunno?

Anywayz, i'm heading home, I'll prob see you tomorrow or some shit. Take it ease

#6 ·
ya...wonder where lude4ever went...haven't seen him on AIM in awhile

#8 ·
hey man! not a whole helluva lot...been wonderin where you've been!! Good to hear from ya...how's toronto treatin ya? How's school going?

#9 ·
Danman1116 said:
hey man! not a whole helluva lot...been wonderin where you've been!! Good to hear from ya...how's toronto treatin ya? How's school going?
school is a fucken bitch! you know that time in your life when you think it cant get any harder but then the prof says "fuck you, this work is bullshit!" and you have to do the paper again (if you get lucky enough to do so) well, that's how it seems everyday for the past 2months. Toronto's chills man. We've been getting some messed up weather as of late. One day it'll be 10degrees, the next it's -20degrees, i dunno? I just want the summer to come so I get some rims for my maxima and do some engine upgrades.

#10 ·
Man sounds like you got it tough...got 3 classes for me which are pretty much all writing classes which totally blows cuz that means that I actually have to do work! Weather here isn't all that bad...been unseasonably warm and we've gotten maybe a total of 12 inches of snow this winter which is really weird

#12 ·
rumorsHG said:
holy fuck! I just wanna know how you have 150posts in like 2days worth of browsing? haha

;)
Lets just say I've been REALLY bored here at home...very little hw...and gf is at school...so I got nothing better to do :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.