Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My bro knocked of my stupid exhaust tip one time, the oem one was $100 from honda directly (that bolt on one). I said screw that and bought it from an online retailer. Somehow, the actual tip connected to the muffler is bent, maybe be cause my bro knocked it really hard. So what happened? That tip fell off within about a month and what a waste of $80! This is the condition of it

I found another one on ebay, I don't know if its the same one? 2003 2004 2005 Honda Accord 4cyl Exhaust Finisher Tip - (eBay.ca item 200305425851 end time 03-Mar-09 16:48:43 EST)

Anyways, if I purchase another one how can make sure that thing never ever falls off? I used the correct wrench too and it was on damn tight when I put it on, but still fell off. Car feels crappier without the damn tip, feels like a base accord

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why don't you just weld it?

or buy a 180 dollar catback

or buy a new muffler

or....
im a complete noob if you check my previous posts... mechanic said they wouldn't weld it on. I know no one that will haha... and for the catback exhaust I don't want my car sounding like a piece of crap ricemobile and vibrating on the inside

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
just get an ebay twin loop exhaust and call it a day. lets see? 180 dollars for an exhaust. or 200 dollars for parts and labor to have a stock new muffler put on there just to get a tip back

· Registered
3,077 Posts
:+1:

car isnt old yet, replace full exhaust system easily, DIY it, just unbolt old and put new on, hardest part is getting the O2 sensors out.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:+1:

car isnt old yet, replace full exhaust system easily, DIY it, just unbolt old and put new on, hardest part is getting the O2 sensors out.
and I DIY in my condo parking lot where I can raise the car up and have had lots of experience in bolting on an exhaust tip ahhaha.. sureee. The muffler itself has a lifetime warranty from Honda from what I read? But not if its "cosmetically" damaged so slightly

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
do you have an autozone or advanced auto year your or even walmart. you wo't get in trouble for doing it there. you just need some wrenches and a jack and you and a buddy can do it in 25-35 minutes. it's really quite easy even if you aren't mechanically inclined. great way to learn to work on your car and the sense of satisfaction will make you love your car even more. trust me.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do you have an autozone or advanced auto year your or even walmart. you wo't get in trouble for doing it there. you just need some wrenches and a jack and you and a buddy can do it in 25-35 minutes. it's really quite easy even if you aren't mechanically inclined. great way to learn to work on your car and the sense of satisfaction will make you love your car even more. trust me.
i know, i usually just do shit at the local mechanic but i doubt they'll let me. since when did walmart have a DIY policy to use their equipment?

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
i know, i usually just do shit at the local mechanic but i doubt they'll let me. since when did walmart have a DIY policy to use their equipment?
not equipment. parking lot. just go to auto zone and buy a 40 dollar wrench set

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.