Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of the car today, came off the truck last night, made the phone call said they had one left. Graphite Pearl, wasn't first choice, but after seeing it, I like it.

Love the car, was going to get the BMW, but for 15K less, I think I got a better deal. Sure the BMW is better, but 15K I am not sure.

Best part, without a word, dealer took $900 off MSRP.

I know need some nice 18" wheels and better sound.

Any suggestions.

·
Registered
159 Posts
also a 03 owner

I picked my 03 up last Thursday.
The car does need a better stereo system, but as of now there is now aftermarket stereo,thanks to ac display on the screen.
I will be putting the TL-s rims on my accord , hopefully I will a picture to post this week.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Just hope you know what your getting into.

I dont think I will ever buy a first year production car.

Theres always improvements going to be made next year and bugs will be tweaked out while yours would probably still have them.

Like the RSX about a month after they were out they started doing recalls on the ECU. Wasnt that right? Or was it some other part?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the CL first year, TL first year, and have never had a problem. Sure there are some upgrades, but it is fun to be the first to have a car. I never keep a car more then 2 years.

Michael

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Msnowdon said:
I bought the CL first year, TL first year, and have never had a problem. Sure there are some upgrades, but it is fun to be the first to have a car. I never keep a car more then 2 years.

Michael

Lucky you. I made a promise to my parents to keep the Accord for 10years.

8 more to go and out with the Accord and in with a Skyline R34

·
Registered
977 Posts
Bbc84 said:
Lucky you. I made a promise to my parents to keep the Accord for 10years.

8 more to go and out with the Accord and in with a Skyline R34
haha, sounds like me, i have made it my personal mission to see how many miles i can rack up on this thing in the next 10 years...
a year and 3 months gone by... ~17k miles :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
.::BlownsiX::.

I made the same promise myself, but I feel short. I had my '00 accord for 30 months with 29k miles when I traded it for the '03 v6 sedan

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
ahhh... i'm gonna hang on my accord also, I wanna see how much miles I can rack on this baby, maybe 200K+? ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
wow u guys barely drive huh?
2 years 10 months 60+k miles :D
im gonna hit 100k in about 2 more years hahaha

gotta keep for 10 years.. promised parents but i dunno... at the rate i'm going the car will be pushing 200k by then. :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
barely drive

Yes we barely drive our Honda, I have a 95 gmc sierra truck and my wife drives a 87 maxima. We called them our money making rides

·
Registered
71 Posts
the 03 accord sedan

as I was driving home last nite, I saw the new accord. It wasn't very impressive. Not sure if it came with HID lights, but the lights on that car were very blue, like the 8000k bulbs... Maybe he had it retrofitted, but the lights were way too blue, it'll catch the cop's attention for sure.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
RiCePaDDy said:
wow u guys barely drive huh?
2 years 10 months 60+k miles :D
im gonna hit 100k in about 2 more years hahaha

gotta keep for 10 years.. promised parents but i dunno... at the rate i'm going the car will be pushing 200k by then. :D
7 months and 36,000 here ;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
posting pic

hopefully ID10T, will be able to post the picture off my car today

·
Registered
296 Posts
not possible, yet, especially in the way that the panels were designed, i hear you would have to take apart most of the front interior just to get to behind those panels

·
Registered
542 Posts
Re: the 03 accord sedan

ruger said:
as I was driving home last nite, I saw the new accord. It wasn't very impressive. Not sure if it came with HID lights, but the lights on that car were very blue, like the 8000k bulbs... Maybe he had it retrofitted, but the lights were way too blue, it'll catch the cop's attention for sure.

The 03 accord comes with halogen lights...is it still the 9006/9005 setup? If so, then a HID retro may have been done, but thats really quick considering when it was released...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts