Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
These guys simply cannot drive. Their times are SLOWER than most 6gens. If the 6gens go to 60 in about 7.5 seconds and do the qm in around 15.8-16.1 this cannot be right. I'd say the car would do 60 in high 6's and the qm in low to mid 15's. MT tested it at 6.6 and about 15 flat. These people should learn how to drive.

· Registered
2,076 Posts
VaV6 said:
These guys simply cannot drive. Their times are SLOWER than most 6gens. If the 6gens go to 60 in about 7.5 seconds and do the qm in around 15.8-16.1 this cannot be right. I'd say the car would do 60 in high 6's and the qm in low to mid 15's. MT tested it at 6.6 and about 15 flat. These people should learn how to drive.
That's what I'm saying. 40 more hp, an extra gear, and they run slower than a 6th gen v6...doesnt make any sense. And I thought motortrend ran a 14.9 like a month ago. 1.4 second difference?!

· Registered
257 Posts
these are all just data points. They're by no means "gold" numbers. They are merely the performance that one driver got with one car at a certain time with highly variable conditions.

MT gets a 14.98 and now Motor Week gets a 16.3. C&D got a 15.5. Average all that out, along with other times, and you get something in the low-7's to 60 mph, and a low/mid-15 1/4 mile pass, which is about what the car will realistically run.

The 89 mph trap indicates the car is making decent power compared to a Gen6 which trapped at 86mph or so, so it's definitely faster. They probably just had an awful launch but they didn't list their 60' times. An 89 mph trap is more consistent with a mid-15 run, so pay no attention to the ET. The trap indicates the car has some serious pull.

· Registered
977 Posts
um i was looking around at the "best cars" in each class and i much say that they have some really dumb people working for them and testing their cars.

best minivan: dodge caravan, wtf? those break all the time, according to consumer reports, never buy a used one.

motorweek is gay

· Registered
159 Posts
acura tl-s

Whatever the tl-s does 0-60 and 1/4 mile, thats very close to what the 03 av6 will do. I test drove the tl-s, I have to say my 03 av6 feels just as quick and fast. I am taking my car to track when I break it in. Three weeks old only 600 miles. Will spmeone please post tls times...

I already have a list of people waiting to race me

01 maxima se(guy from work..probably will trade after I outrun him.....auto)
02 maxima se(auto)
02 cl-s
civic si (coupe,not the new one )
96 suburban( guy from work ..talks alot of [email protected]#
possibe 02 altima v6(auto)
6th gen av6 sedan(the one I should have waxed last week)

· Registered
977 Posts
DangerousTypeS said:
I'm sorry, but a TL-S is definitely quicker than a 2K3 Accord V6.
why would that be? in stock form there is only 20hp dif. you have headers so there is a much greater dif. but stock v. stock it will be close

you are aware that the type s is not a whole lot faster than the reg. arent you? thats a 35hp dif. too, not 20.

· Registered
257 Posts
.::BlownsiX::. said:
you are aware that the type s is not a whole lot faster than the reg. arent you? thats a 35hp dif. too, not 20.
What are you smoking? :confused:

The Type-S is a whole TON faster than the non S's

The Acura's also have something called low-end torque which Honda consistently fails to put in it's non-Acura products, so the Acura's will get off the line a lot faster than the 03 AV6's too.

· Registered
257 Posts
crazed87 said:
i know a couple of guys with TL-S with just intake or exhaust, and maybe spark plugs, they all run low to mid 14s consistently.
This isn't stock.

You're also saying that with just an intake, a TL-S auto will run as fast as a CL-S 6spd. Yeah...uh-huh :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.