Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, something that deserves that Cobra badge. 390 (most likely underrated) horses, a 6spd, better handling, and an underrated 390lb-ft of Tq to boot and many more. Took long enough.

390hp @6500
390lb-ft @3500 rpms. 300+lb-ft at 3k rpms.

Both are most likely underrated. I've heard a guy over at cz28.com say he's seen/heard of one put down 36Xhp and 385lb-ft of Tq to the wheels on a dyno test (over at anderson ford). They also tested the Mach 1 and bullitt before. That equals to about 425hp and 450lb-ft of Tq at the crank, if what he said holds true. Should be a solid 12 second car that'll trap at 110+mph and that'll also pull .90+ g's on the skidpad. Price will be $35,000 for the coupe, which is not bad at all.

Specs go here - http://www.bonforums.com/mustang/cobra_03presskit/

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
not bad at all, and not too pricey

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
5.0 said:
Finally, something that deserves that Cobra badge. 390 (most likely underrated) horses, a 6spd, better handling, and an underrated 390lb-ft of Tq to boot and many more. Took long enough.

390hp @6500
390lb-ft @3500 rpms. 300+lb-ft at 3k rpms.

Both are most likely underrated. I've heard a guy over at cz28.com say he's seen/heard of one put down 36Xhp and 385lb-ft of Tq to the wheels on a dyno test (over at anderson ford). They also tested the Mach 1 and bullitt before. That equals to about 425hp and 450lb-ft of Tq at the crank, if what he said holds true. Should be a solid 12 second car that'll trap at 110+mph and that'll also pull .90+ g's on the skidpad. Price will be $35,000 for the coupe, which is not bad at all.

Specs go here - http://www.bonforums.com/mustang/cobra_03presskit/
I'll take that one in the back please :p

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
woops put my reply in the quote...I'll take that old school stang in the back please :p

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
wow:)

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cloud7 said:
they need a supercharger just to keep up with the Camaro.:D
Hehe, not technically. Gears are all it takes on the cobra. Their engines like to rev and the stock gearing's just weak. Another thing that slows them down the 1320 is the Independent rear. Trust me, go check out an NMRA event and watch what some of the factory stockers are running with few to no engine mods.

One of the guys in that class is Bob Cosby. If you hang around stangnet, corral, or cz28.com, you probably know him. He traded his 99 firebird Trans Am for a 99 cobra :D (smart)

Here's his setup

4.56 gears in an 8.8 live axle
JBA 1 5/8th shorty headers
Dr.Gas X-pipe w/Magnaflow catback
March Underdrive Pulleys
WMS Cold Air Induction
Autologic Chip
BFG 275/50/15 Drag Radials

His car weighs in at 3326 pounds with him and has managed a best of [email protected] with this setup.

Hopefully this new S/c Cobra spark a light over at the chevy camp. We'd all like to see a bad ass camaro prowl the streets again.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Id rather have a TT callaway `Vet.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
WRXlr8 said:
C6 and Cobra are at different prices, nonetheless me too ;)

About Ford though, I never really liked stang, in fact, I dont think i've turned my head for any ford, it's just not my thing.

At the same time though, lemme contradict myself and say that the SVT lineup (stang, F150, focus) are badass respectable cars

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WRXlr8 said:
Well i'd rather take a Mclaren F1:rolleyes:

Where did a Twin turbo vette come into the picture? we're talking about a possible 425hp, 450lb-ft of Tq Cobra for the price of a fully loaded Camaro SS, and you compare it to some exotic like vette that has never seen production status?

I don't think this car was made to compete with the vette/c6 period. Sports coupe vs Sports car, some luxury vs tons of luxury, 1979 based chassis vs world class chassis and suspension, 35k vs 40-50k. These cars have very little in common and aren't even in the same class. Ford will need an all new car if it wants to compete with vette. The current mustang just isn't going to cut it. Maybe some more refinements and that new chassis for 04 will do it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
With the camero not out of commission, ford is going to rule this pony world. Unless GM rethinks thier design model for the camero/firebird all we are going to see on the road in 5 years are Mustangs. Now if ford would just get an updated chassis under that thing....

·
Registered
402 Posts
That new Cobra is just plain [email protected] I saw one at the track run 12.1 with factory exhaust!!! It is priced very well and is supposed to pull a g on the skidpad :eek: This is honestly a solid 11 second FACTORY car(with slicks and MINOR mods)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts