Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new 2003 Accord 4DR EX and had them add the factory MP3 player.

It's not as fancy as the Sony players, but it fits perfectly with the stock 6 disc changer and works incredibly well!

The documentation that came with it is prettly light (and filled with strange english) but clear enough to use. I burned a test disc with over 32 hours of 22.5K spoken word (a few audio books) on a single CD and it loaded perfectly! Sounds -very- good considering the low sample rate. Normal MP3's sound excellent as well. I supports Windows Media Player files, but I can't use that format. Windows Media files have copy protection codes which prevent you from ripping your own CD's, unless you bought them :)

Anyone else have this device? The dealer had no idea how to install it, since they have only had them for 2 weeks, and I was the first customer. It tooke about 4 hours, but they did a good job.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True, too many unrealated, random songs on a single MP3 CD-R would be a mess to navigate. But there are two ways I use this kind of medium:

1. Organized collections. Discs filled with a specific kind of music. FAR more efficient than reloading the 6 disc changer just to hear what I want, sometimes with just one or two tracks per CD that I really like. I get to choose exactly what I want, in the order I want. It's the most compelling reason people rip CD's in the first place - to create personalized music that the listener defines, not some A&R clone at a record company.

2. LONG recordings. I drive a lot, and audio books are perfect to keep me happy on those 8 hour drives up north. I will NOT change CD's 6 times to listen to a book, however. I need the entire book on a single disc. It's just easier.

I have 75,000 MP3's on a 160GB Firewire hard drive on my Mac. All organized with iTunes. The power to take 10 or 20 or even 30 hours of music along with me on a single $0.14 disc is pretty amazing!

I used to use my 20GB iPod to transmit music to the car radio, but it's a drag to carry around, and it hates the heat of Los Angeles. I really dont need to carry 4000 songs around with me all the time. A few hundred will do :)

· Registered
329 Posts
I guess I'm used to having my 6 disc changer in my car, get's repetative with such a small selection, I wish Pioneer had an add on mp3 drive that would fit into my system, like the Kenwood keg or something.. I know Pioneer has the Hard Disk head unit, but I don't need or want another head unit, I just want the music storage. dah well....

· Registered
1,057 Posts
Man, stop being wusses. The iPod is smaller than your wallet, and how can you get bored of so many songs, the iPod does playlists, and organizes them perfectly.

Does that mean you won't get bored of a 16 track cd?

· Registered
301 Posts
I find the problem with having an MP3 player is im never satisfied with the song i'm listenting to, i always think, hmm 200 songs on this cd, there's bound to be one i want to hear coming up soon.. so i just keep on skipping through them, next thing i know, im at the beginning again, and i realized a song i wouldnt mind hearing is actually on a dif. cd.. then the same thing happens again.. BUT. mp3's are good if you put all the albums of one artist/group on a cd into directories... that's where it's at!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MP3 player after 4 months and STILL happy with it

After four months with my Honda MP3 player and I'm -still- really happy with it. Since discs are only 15 cents or so, I have no problem buring just the right songs, (or an enitre audio book) on a disc, then toss it away if I want to change things. I have a 200GB firewire hard drive filled with my music collection, so I doubt I will ever really utilize my ipod in the car - I tried with the iroc FM transmitter and all, but I hate to drag the ipod into and out of the car. Too fragile. And I rarely drive more than 400 hours at a stretch :)

Still, it would be nice to have a 200 GB drive in the trunk that I could sync to my itunes collection. That way I'd have the entire collection!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.