Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know about swapping a b16a into a `02 coupe? i have heard it is hard.. and due to that very pricey. does anyone know if this is true or have any other information on it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
typo.

i heard the newer civic has a different platform or something.. which is why. know if this makes swaps costly?

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Nothing is impossible, but this almost is, 7th gen civics are much, much, different than any previous gen. Engines rotate the opposite way than the previous ones, meaning the engine is mounted reverse of a B16 in the engine compartment, the suspension set up is completely different, not to mention B and D series engines are no longer used in any new USDM model hondas. I'd say your best route would be to try to find a totaled 02' SI or RSX and try to pull the engine out of that, although I'm not even sure that will work. Then again I'm sure that with the right, exorbitant amount of money anything would be possible.

Hoped that helped more than it hurt.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good info.. i know it could be possible ... just wanted a price on it ... because as you said it would take more money than the normal swap. i am probably going to pay off the ex .. sell it and put it down for a new rsx base model.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Peteex said:
Nothing is impossible, but this almost is, 7th gen civics are much, much, different than any previous gen. Engines rotate the opposite way than the previous ones, meaning the engine is mounted reverse of a B16 in the engine compartment, the suspension set up is completely different, not to mention B and D series engines are no longer used in any new USDM model hondas. I'd say your best route would be to try to find a totaled 02' SI or RSX and try to pull the engine out of that, although I'm not even sure that will work. Then again I'm sure that with the right, exorbitant amount of money anything would be possible.

Hoped that helped more than it hurt.
how far did you have to reach up to pull that out of your ass?:rolleyes:

first of all, the k-series motor(RSX, Si....) are the only ones that rotate the opposite way from previous gens. second, my engine on my 7th gen has the code D 17A1 stamped on it. Third, the K-series WILL fit a 7th gen coupe or sedan, it's already been done by a guy in Houston. Also, someone from Taiwan swapped a B16A into a 7thgen, but swapping an older engine(model year) into any car is illegal, so you'd be better off looking for a K20. HAsport is releasing a mount kit for it later this month.......:cool:

If you don't know, don't act like you do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Peteex u are a moron. if u dont know what u are talking about then dont talk. the 2k1 and 2k2 civic ex's use a D17A2. mounted on the driver side with any normal rotation as a B or D series engine. now the K rotates the other way and is mounted on the passenger side. Import builders have droped in a K into a 2k1. however this will cost u a cool $10,000. they said they could do a B swap for the same price. oh yea and your post hurt more then it helped. wrong info is bad.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I guess ignorance is bliss, huh?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
spider883 said:
Peteex u are a moron.
Thats a pretty good first post man. :rolleyes: Maybe peteex, didnt know, or had gotten some info mixed up. Its cool if you correct him but you dont need to start calling him names. Same goes for you Red_fog, dont be a dick if someone doesnt know something.

Consider this a warning for both of you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.